+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival Services_Next Stop Canada

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
Hey guys,

NextStopCanada.ca is a great way to find out about life in Canada, how to prepare for your move, what you need to do before you leave your home country and how you can bring your belongings tax free when you land in Canada.

It is a CIC funded program to help people from allover the world who are in the process of coming to Canada or have done a short landing.

They focus on the needs of the entire family, youth, adults and elders; and though they are focused on Ontario, they are offering Canada wide resources.

They are a team of immigrants themselves who speak many different languages and want to share their insider knowledge which is extremely important to know before arriving in Canada. It can save you money, time and bring you on a clearer road to success.

These services are free, as the Canadian Government funds them especially for you!

Ask them everything you want to know! Contact them as many times as you need answers.

You can contact all the pre-arrival services funded by CIC, you have the right to use all of them for free. If you dont like a service , you may move on to the next one until you find a good fit for you.

You need one of these documents to register:

Medical Examination or Security request letter
Letter requesting for passport submission
IRCC invitation letter to obtain pre-arrival services
Canadian Permanent Resident Visa
Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
DirectEnergy said:
Next Stop Canada hahaha. Sounds ambiguous. Ok, Canada is the next stop, but what's the final destination? ;D
Hi, Direct Energy

It may sound ambiguous however this is a CIC funded program and we help new immigrants integrate successfully in Canada. If ever you need pre-arrival services or if you know anyone who needs this service, I encourage you or them to register with us. Have a great day!

winteravenue

Jan 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Bucharest VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2016
Med's Done....
February 2016
Passport Req..
4th November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2016
LANDED..........
14th January 2017
See that's the thing, I need these services. I signed up for two of them. I'm leaving in January so I really want this course!!
However.. the official government site shows all these funded services, and NextStopCanada is just not one of them. This concerns me, because I don't want to just give you my UCI.

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
winteravenue said:
See that's the thing, I need these services. I signed up for two of them. I'm leaving in January so I really want this course!!
However.. the official government site shows all these funded services, and NextStopCanada is just not one of them. This concerns me, because I don't want to just give you my UCI.
Hi, WinterAvenue!

Actually, if you google CIC funded pre-arrival programs, click on the first search result, get help before arriving in Canada-pre-arrival services cic.gc.ca and it will lead you to the CIC page's list of pre-arrival services. Scroll down and click button 3 for the page and you'll find YMCA of Greater Toronto-Online Services for New Immigrants to Canada. That's Next Stop Canada. That's us. :) It's just easier for us to use the name Next Stop Canada. We will be more than happy to help you in your pre-arrival needs! Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,
Abegail

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DirectEnergy said:
Next Stop Canada hahaha. Sounds ambiguous. Ok, Canada is the next stop, but what's the final destination? ;D
ahhahaha "Next stop Canada" is the next right step that will take you to your destination, Canada... :D Funny one!!

But yes. Next Stop Canada is a CIC funded program offered by YMCA of greater Toronto. You will find it at the end on the CIC list. They are actually mentioned 2 times in the list because They offer services to help adults and services for youth to learn the new system and opportunities in Canada.

winteravenue

Jan 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Bucharest VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2016
Med's Done....
February 2016
Passport Req..
4th November 2016
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2016
LANDED..........
14th January 2017
Oh it just had a different name, you are correct. I apologize!
How long does it take for NextStopCanada to deliver these services? I've signed up to the two that the immigration gave me flyers for and one of them said they were going to contact me soon. The other one did not confirm my registration, no reply.
Normally that would be fine, but my medicals expire in February, so I need to travel in January.

abegailgilo

Oct 13, 2016
winteravenue said:
Oh it just had a different name, you are correct. I apologize!
How long does it take for NextStopCanada to deliver these services? I've signed up to the two that the immigration gave me flyers for and one of them said they were going to contact me soon. The other one did not confirm my registration, no reply.
Normally that would be fine, but my medicals expire in February, so I need to travel in January.
Hello, WinterAvenue!

I'm sorry to hear that they haven't kept in touch with you. With Next Stop Canada, once you have registered with us, you are immediately given an access and are able to use the resources and talk to someone who can give you advice. If you register with us now, someone will be more than glad to assist you! :)

Cheers,
Abegail

Bakhodir NSC

Oct 26, 2018
Toronto
As I see it has been years since last posts here, then here are some updates on the Next Stop Canada pre-arrival information and referral service of YMCA Greater Toronto Area. It was a successful year spent in helping newcomers in their future successful settlement in Canada. These activities included:
1. More than 2000 newcomers registered and used our services, which helped them to make their integration faster and smoother. Some highlights of newcomers' stories you may find in periodic newsletters of the Next Stop Canada: http://nextstopcanada.ca/newsletters/ . A new issue is coming soon.
2. The Next Stop Canada has delivered more than 50 webinars covering such essential topics as housing, employment, education, childcare, federal and provincial newcomer support programs, finance and banking, transportation and logistic.
3. In addition to developing settlement plans for newcomers, the Next Stop Canada also provides information support through such online tools as forum, live chat, e-mails, and mentoring programs.
4. Special focus of the program is youth pre-arrival information and referral support. Running on the peer-to-peer basis it is delivering by in-Canada youth mentors to their overseas newcomer friends.

To remind:
Next Stop Canada is home to two online pre-arrival programs (for adults and youth) delivered by the YMCA of Greater Toronto funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). These programs offer free online services and support to those who have received approval from IRCC to come to Canada.

Next Stop Canada prepares you for immigration by providing you with meaningful personalized settlement information about Canada. With this knowledge you will be able to make more informed decisions prior to your arrival. We are dedicated to helping you adapt and integrate into Canadian society.

Questions? Yes, would love to provide more info!

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi, Direct Energy

It may sound ambiguous however this is a CIC funded program and we help new immigrants integrate successfully in Canada. If ever you need pre-arrival services or if you know anyone who needs this service, I encourage you or them to register with us. Have a great day!
What if i did softlanding before and planning to move for good,will i be eligible?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Did you register at the Next Stop Canada? If yes, then you have to receive a confirmation and a settlement plan. If all this never happened, go ahead and register anew, running into any problem, let me know.
Thanks will do thatWhen should i do that though?when i land