+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-arrival services

ChengMia

Nov 15, 2016
Good evening! I just wanna ask if anyone has the same case as mine.My husband recieved a pre-arrival services letter last oct.20,2016 but he has not yet recieved a letter for visa... I attached here the letter the embassy sent him. We got confused and got worried so he sent an email to manilimmigration but no reply so he went personally to embassy of canada in makati but they did not even let him inside.thank you for your reply!

File number: **********

Client UCI: ******
Get help before arriving in Canada – Pre-arrival services

On behalf of the Government of Canada, the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) encourages you to access FREE pre-arrival services offered by third-party service providers funded by IRCC.

We encourage you to visit this link to learn more about the service locations and registration procedures as featured in our Pre-arrival

There are free online and in-person services for you and your family. These services are provided to you free of charge by the settlement service providers listed below while you are still overseas. Many service providers offer general information such as:

· understanding life in Canada,

· finding a job in Canada, and

· accessing other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada.

Other settlement service providers offer very specific information. To find the best service providers to fit your needs, explore the list of service providers below and select according to your profession or your destination (city or province). You are allowed to get services from as many different service providers as you need, and always at no cost.

Services are available online or in-person to:

· permanent residents,

· refugees,

· protected persons, and

· live-in caregivers

Thank you.

Visa Section
Embassy of Canada in the Philippines

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
When does your husband's medical expire? If you were to check this thread < http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-manila-visa-office-philippines-spousefamily-timeline-t325837.9075.html > you will see that your husband is not alone. There were others who received the same but is yet to receive a mail/email about passport request. About the embassy, no one is really allowed to get in there (except citizens) unless with a valid purpose. Just keep the Faith! The passport request for your husband is coming very soon. What is your timeline, if I may ask?

ChengMia

Nov 15, 2016
Thank you very much for your reply.My husband took his medical last march 2016...I passed the application last june 2016 got eligibility on august and after a week they forwrd his papers in manila...Good to know that we are not alone in this case.we got confused and thought me missed an email from embassy that'a why he there personally to checked it but unfortunately we hot nothing.thank you again and God bless you!

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
ChengMia said:
Thank you very much for your reply.My husband took his medical last march 2016...I passed the application last june 2016 got eligibility on august and after a week they forwrd his papers in manila...Good to know that we are not alone in this case.we got confused and thought me missed an email from embassy that'a why he there personally to checked it but unfortunately we hot nothing.thank you again and God bless you!
Hello! I also received the same email. So how is everything now? Have you received your PPR??

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hi,
I'm Oct 2017 applicant.
I got a letter today regarding PRE ARRIVAL SERVICES on the behalf of IRCC.
What does it mean?

Please guide me!
Good to hear! It shows some activity and hopefully an indication that DM is close.

Which visa office was your file transferred to? If NDVO (New Delhi), could you state your timeline in this thread please: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-2017-spousal-ndvo-new-delhi-visa-office-applicants.575823/?

Cheers

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Thanks
LVO
I'm a Pakistani
The pre-arrival services letter means that, as of now, you can avail of free pre-arrival services. They can help you prepare to settle in Canada (learn how to file a tax return, how to register your children in school, how to prepare for winter, the financial system, etc) and/or they will help you prepare to look for work. For example, they will teach you how to write your resume and cover letter following Canadian standards, or may practice with you for interviews, and in some cases they organize job fairs so you can interact with potential employers before landing. If you want any referrals to pre-arrival services, let me know.

Khanshayan01

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
The pre-arrival services letter means that, as of now, you can avail of free pre-arrival services. They can help you prepare to settle in Canada (learn how to file a tax return, how to register your children in school, how to prepare for winter, the financial system, etc) and/or they will help you prepare to look for work. For example, they will teach you how to write your resume and cover letter following Canadian standards, or may practice with you for interviews, and in some cases they organize job fairs so you can interact with potential employers before landing. If you want any referrals to pre-arrival services, let me know.
Thanks man for sharing with us this useful information.