+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-arrival services to learn how to look for work before you land

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Future permanent residents are entitled to free pre-arrival services by organizations authorized and funded by IRCC. There are 24 of them and most are focused on employment preparation. Some organize online job fairs with employers looking for future newcomers, some offer workshops, and some offer one-on-one help with a facilitator who can check your resume and cover letter and suggest strategies to find work.

Make sure to only sign up with a service that is authorized by IRCC. Here is the full list:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

And if you are going to a specific province or would like a referral to a specific pre-arrival service, don't hesitate to ask :)

Reactions: qureishi

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
For most of these, you have to register once you get the CoPR, right? I am waiting for my PPR currently. Is it still possible to enroll or would you recommend enrolling post the PPR/CoPR?

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
For most of these, you have to register once you get the CoPR, right? I am waiting for my PPR currently. Is it still possible to enroll or would you recommend enrolling post the PPR/CoPR?
Not for all of them. Some require that you have received COPR, some require the pre-arrival letter, and some just need you to have received AOR (more specifically, the UCI number on the AOR). I recommend enrolling right away, because there are lots of information to receive, and it's best to review it wih some time in advance to prepare accordingly.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Future permanent residents are entitled to free pre-arrival services by organizations authorized and funded by IRCC. There are 24 of them and most are focused on employment preparation. Some organize online job fairs with employers looking for future newcomers, some offer workshops, and some offer one-on-one help with a facilitator who can check your resume and cover letter and suggest strategies to find work.

Make sure to only sign up with a service that is authorized by IRCC. Here is the full list:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

And if you are going to a specific province or would like a referral to a specific pre-arrival service, don't hesitate to ask :)

Thanks a lot .Its really informative and plenty of resources !!

Certainly need lots of time to grasp and to go through.

Reactions: permafrost_can

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Not for all of them. Some require that you have received COPR, some require the pre-arrival letter, and some just need you to have received AOR (more specifically, the UCI number on the AOR). I recommend enrolling right away, because there are lots of information to receive, and it's best to review it wih some time in advance to prepare accordingly.
Thank you so much for this information ! I have messaged you further details about my candidature. Let us talk through messages. Thanks in advance !

Reactions: permafrost_can