T27

Star Member
Jun 3, 2021
@armoured - any input?
Can someone please advise.
Visa Office - London, UK
I am a October 2020 applicant
Received Pre-Arrival June 26, 2021.
Now it’s September, should I contact them?
Or just wait?
I sent webform 2 weeks ago, got a general reply. I think if I send webform again, I’ll just receive a general reply again.
Should I be worried?
Many ppl with same timeline already got PPR’s.

Jimvarry010

Sep 9, 2021
Hello People,
I have a worry, please let me know you thoughts.
My application for outland spousal sponsorship is in process, I received a letter of pre-arrival services, and another medicals instruction since the first one expired.
I send a webform informing the Embassy that I have new passport and I attached a scanned copy. then I later send the same message with a scanned copy of my passport to the Embassy through email(Not webform). After the email was sent I noticed in the morning that I Included only my application number and I forgot to add my UCI. I immediately send them another email including my UCI.
My worry is sending them TWO EMAILS AND ONE WEBFORM about the same thing will appear as if I'm putting them pressure since as they are currently processing my application, and thus cause delays??

Please let know your thoughts
Many thanks

There should be no issue with that. I have sent them multiple emails and webform as well, but my application has never been delayed.
Also, the only reason your application may or may not will be delayed is that when they are already process and already put information of your passport in their system and they will have to update it. But still, it won't take that long.
Spousal Sponsorship takes 12 months to process, the fastest will be 6-8 months, longest processing time I know is 3 years which they had issue with their background check or medical.

Jimvarry010

Sep 9, 2021
Hey guys. I have a question and i hope someone can put some light into this and help me out. I applied for my husband April 27,2020. March 27,2021 I received the pre arrival letter and they updated GC account to processing your background check. Still no update or anything about PPR. How long is the process? Whats the next step?

They don't actually have an specific steps or arrangements of process. You will receive your pre-arrival letter even before medical, some of them received it after that. Once the status of your application says "Decision Made" it means that you are almost there. It means that they are already processing your PR but still, there will be a chance that it will be rejected, but it's a rare thing. Once they have done background check and everything has been checked on their end, they will let you know and will send you the passport request for visa.

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
My App is in Background check, it is almost 5 months after PAL.

I checked with all offices, those who issues my documents i.e Nikha office, HR department of my Company, University, Banks, local Police office, Friends who gave letters etc but IRCC or any other never contacted them to verify my Documents,

Question...
WHAT TYPE OF BACKGROUND CHECK IRCC IS DOING?

Realman007

Jun 19, 2021
There should be no issue with that. I have sent them multiple emails and webform as well, but my application has never been delayed.
Also, the only reason your application may or may not will be delayed is that when they are already process and already put information of your passport in their system and they will have to update it. But still, it won't take that long.
Spousal Sponsorship takes 12 months to process, the fastest will be 6-8 months, longest processing time I know is 3 years which they had issue with their background check or medical.
The fastest time for PPR I have noticed is 2 months

Oct 2, 2019
I hope u get it soon.
Its been 19 months for me. 2020 files are just being ignored.
Very true. We are July 7 2020 outland
Medical approved in February, pre-arrival in the beginning of March, and silence since then. Requested GCMS notes on July 3 and we still have yet to receive them. Sent a webform request a couple weeks ago and also haven't heard back yet. They're completely ghosting us. Very frustrating to see applicants from less than 8 months ago get DM (although I am happy for them, it's not their fault that we are getting shafted), when many of us have been waiting for over a year

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
S
Medical approved in February, pre-arrival in the beginning of March, and silence since then. Requested GCMS notes on July 3 and we still have yet to receive them. Sent a webform request a couple weeks ago and also haven't heard back yet. They're completely ghosting us. Very frustrating to see applicants from less than 8 months ago get DM (although I am happy for them, it's not their fault that we are getting shafted), when many of us have been waiting for over a year
SaMe here

Cindy4_

Aug 11, 2021
Exactly I don’t know why they are taking so long with our application it’s been 19 months for my application with pre arrival and decision made in March 2019 !

Mbaldwin

Feb 27, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi all,
I’m a bit confused with the ‘decision made’ status. Do they not actually tell you what the decision is at that point??
My other question... we just received the pre-arrival services letter and status has been updated to ‘decision made’ today. We were going to move to Canada on October 5 on a visitor visa and wait there for the permanent residence application to be completed. Will that be a problem if we get a passport request before then?
thank you!

User_01

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Hi all,
I’m a bit confused with the ‘decision made’ status. Do they not actually tell you what the decision is at that point??
My other question... we just received the pre-arrival services letter and status has been updated to ‘decision made’ today. We were going to move to Canada on October 5 on a visitor visa and wait there for the permanent residence application to be completed. Will that be a problem if we get a passport request before then?
thank you!
I believe you should inform IRCC once you arrive in Canada by giving your new Canadian mailing address. But if the passport is requested before your visit there, I think you will need to send your passport as instructed as you become an outland applicant in this case.
If you do not mind, could you tell me whether you applied for a Visitor Visa after you apply to the Spousal Sponsorship or before it? How long did it take for you to get the visitor visa approved? Would you mind giving your Visitor Visa application timeline, please? Thank you so much for your time.

Reza.f2020

Jun 2, 2021
Exactly I don’t know why they are taking so long with our application it’s been 19 months for my application with pre arrival and decision made in March 2019 !
Is that true?! 19 month after pre arrival!!!! Without any update?
or 29 month after starting your application?!

Mbaldwin

Feb 27, 2021
Category........
FAM
I believe you should inform IRCC once you arrive in Canada by giving your new Canadian mailing address. But if the passport is requested before your visit there, I think you will need to send your passport as instructed as you become an outland applicant in this case.
If you do not mind, could you tell me whether you applied for a Visitor Visa after you apply to the Spousal Sponsorship or before it? How long did it take for you to get the visitor visa approved? Would you mind giving your Visitor Visa application timeline, please? Thank you so much for your time.
Hi,
Thanks for the advice. We actually haven’t applied for the visitor visa yet, it’s just the ETA visa that is required for a Danish citizen (which we’ve gotten in the past) so will just apply a week or so before we go. I did ask at some point whether entering on a visitor visa would impact our PR application and the person I spoke to said no... so hopefully that’s correct!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,
thank you!
They do not tell you what the decision made actually is but just by numbers is usually positive - and if pre-arrival is also received, I believe almost a 'lock' that it is an approval.

You will have to decide what you wish to do if you get the PPR before then - since the applicant is from an ETA country, they won't issue a visa, just the COPR - but I think they do insist on the photos being submitted by post/courier and I don't know how long that might take. (It shouldn't take long but 2-4 weeks perhaps not unusual?). Obviously inconvenient if you have tickets booked you can't change, etc. (To be able to get an idea of how long you'd see if many cases of PPR in similar countries in the EU that are covered by the same visa office - and I'm assuming they haven't switched to any electronic format yet there)

Note, the differences I can think of: if you get COPR and then travel, PR status is validated at the border - that's it, you're done. (Also SIN can be applied for at airport in many cases, and if shipping personal goods to follow, customs may be a bit cleaner). This could/would be important for those who want to work right away - and in some provinces (eg Ontario) can apply for health card with the stamped COPR and proof-of-address; if you have all that, health coverage the same day you apply.

If you land in Canada before getting the COPR back, in theory it's the virtual landing platform and can be done in-country. But there are multiple cases here of applicants advising IRCC they are in Canada (as the PPR instructions say) and then waiting for months for the virtual landing to be organised. (Some faster, but not just one or two taking longer).

So: it's very hard to say what to do. I would not call this advice but 'if it were me' and I got the PPR before I got on the plane, I'd reschedule and do the passport submission abroad and land with the COPR. PR status right away, ability to work, health coverage, more certainty. But those are all just preferences and don't mean anything without personal circumstances or constraints.

Hopefully you'll just get the PPR very soon and have time to submit and get the COPR back without worrying. Good luck.