+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

Jillypk

Oct 12, 2019
PPR for us was about 2 months after pre arrival but that also coincided with visa offices opening up again ( in October).

Rjh

Oct 17, 2018
I passed my medical in August 2019. Ive recently had a request to upload my ' Schedule A ', which i did. And then last qeek i had a pre arrival letter. Im now waiting for another message.

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I passed my medical in August 2019. Ive recently had a request to upload my ' Schedule A ', which i did. And then last qeek i had a pre arrival letter. Im now waiting for another message.
You are so close to get it, just be patience and pack your stuff in 3 month

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi I got my pre arrival later 22 October 2020 but today I check my status desion made but is the next step
which visa office processing your application the one in Ankara? how long after the decision they Requested your passport?
Did you done biometric or not yet? due to covid, you may do the biometric and finger scan at Canada upon arrival, is that right?
please write here for others it could be helpful.

Reactions: nov/28/19

Gurjeet finch

Dec 9, 2020
Hi all, I got pre arrival letter on 3 oct no updates yet... biometrics done medical done in march...Case Processing Centre Sydney.. can anyone give idea when they will send ppr??

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
Hi all,

First of all good luck to everyone in their journey. It has been a damn rollercoaster.

I wanted to ask what happens after the PPR?(this is when they ask for passport?)
I sent my passport along with photos they requested on December the third to the VO in Mx.
I just need to wait to get my passport and thats it ? After your passport is requested, are there any chances of still getting it rejected ? I am still worried.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,

First of all good luck to everyone in their journey. It has been a damn rollercoaster.

I wanted to ask what happens after the PPR?(this is when they ask for passport?)
I sent my passport along with photos they requested on December the third to the VO in Mx.
I just need to wait to get my passport and thats it ? After your passport is requested, are there any chances of still getting it rejected ? I am still worried.
In due course you'll get your passport back with COPR (and a visa if you're not from a visa waiver country). Don't know exactly how long, depends local logistics.

That's it, then you go to Canada. You'll need the quarantine plan for your arrival.

I don't think there's any normal way for it to get rejected at this point - short of committing some war crime or something in the interim.

devolin182

Dec 13, 2020
In due course you'll get your passport back with COPR (and a visa if you're not from a visa waiver country). Don't know exactly how long, depends local logistics.

That's it, then you go to Canada. You'll need the quarantine plan for your arrival.

I don't think there's any normal way for it to get rejected at this point - short of committing some war crime or something in the interim.
I been dreading the last few days. Mostly because you think you are at the end of the tunnel, but I cant help but feel anxious you know, and despite everything I still am.

Yeah I am waiting for the actual Visa as well since I am applying from El Salvador.
My process also had extra steps since my wife is from Quebec.... which made us have to apply for a CSQ.
The "Quarantine plan" do you need to bring anything written down? She has her own house so I would just be staying there.

Hopefully this will be the last time I will have to wait for anything regarding this process.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The "Quarantine plan" do you need to bring anything written down? She has her own house so I would just be staying there.
See here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

You can also search internet.

Key components seem to be where you will reside, how you will get to the place, and how you will get essentials such as food and others delivered. Note that at place of residence, you'll be expected to keep separate from others in the household (if they continue to work etc).

I don't think quarantine plan needs to be written out in a formal sense or format but you will need details such as address, contact details, etc. May be easier to write things out just to have them handy.