+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

Maemae26

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Pre-arrival services letter is good news......as it means you have passed eligibility assessment......and on-completion of background check which takes awhile......you will receive passport request (PPR)........how long for PPR varies and depends on the VO and on a case basis.......it could take 2 weeks, 1 month or more.......you will receive PPR soon…… relax........PPR will come........its a wait game.
I hope it's gonna be soon, thank you!

Jibo

Jun 11, 2018
Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife from Nigeria and her medical was submitted on April 16, 2018 and the status now says “you passed the medical exam”. Please how long more are we looking at?

Thanks,

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

I am sponsoring my wife from Nigeria and her medical was submitted on April 16, 2018 and the status now says “you passed the medical exam”. Please how long more are we looking at?

Thanks,
Its not unusual not to hear from IRCC for months after medical exam.........how long it takes to complete processing of.spousal sponsorship application varies depending on the Visa Office and on case basis...........processing could be within 12 months, it could take more or less............will advice you use the 12months as completion timeline to help reduce the waiting stress..........sponsorship process requires a lot of patience.......relax.......its a wait.

Spousal Sponsorship from Nigeria are processed in Accra, Ghana........and there is a thread for Accra.......
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/page-1084

Most straight forward Outland Sponsorship follow these steps (the order may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starte processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)

Jibo

Jun 11, 2018
Its not unusual not to hear from IRCC for months after medical exam.........how long it takes to complete processing of.spousal sponsorship application varies depending on the Visa Office and on case basis...........processing could be within 12 months, it could take more or less............will advice you use the 12months as completion timeline to help reduce the waiting stress..........sponsorship process requires a lot of patience.......relax.......its a wait.

Spousal Sponsorship from Nigeria are processed in Accra, Ghana........and there is a thread for Accra.......
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/page-1084

Most straight forward Outland Sponsorship follow these steps (the order may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starte processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Passport Request (PPR)
  12. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Thanks Wakki... it’s just seem like it’s taking too long, I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thanks for the thread too

Maemae26

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Are there people here who quit their jobs when they got pre arrival letter or just when they got ppr? Just asking for reference

Jtirbeni

Mar 8, 2018
Hi all
I received my pre arrival letter last Wedenesday then decision made appeared online on Friday . But the didn't ask for the passports yet . My medical were done last year 17 Aug. And my daughter 28 Aug. And have been received in the mention date . Any similar cases. How long do you think it will take for them to ask for the passport
Hi could you please assist me in how I could find the site to sign into my application.. I did my medical two months now

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi,

Thanks,
After medical exam it takes 2 month maximum CIC request your passport. Be patience.

Jtirbeni

Mar 8, 2018
Hi
Hi,

Thanks,
Hi goodmorning can you please tell me how to sign in to my account to check my status?

tholudee

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Hi,

Thanks,
Jibo, when did you apply ? you can join the accra thread

Larawidian1976

May 31, 2018
Jeddah
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Med's Request
30/07/2017
Med's Done....
17/08/2017
How much time it takes to stamped the visa after submit the passport?
I submit my passport at vfs global on 28 May 2018 & it shows your file is in under procss.
Did you receive the passport ??
I submit my passports on 10th of June? Still under process

Larawidian1976

May 31, 2018
Jeddah
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Med's Request
30/07/2017
Med's Done....
17/08/2017
I received the passport . Now iam in Montreal

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Did you receive the passport ??
I submit my passports on 10th of June? Still under process
Hi, I am wondering how you can check the passports is still under process? we submitted passport at the end of June but didn't hear of anything so far...... no email or anything.

Larawidian1976

May 31, 2018
Jeddah
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Med's Request
30/07/2017
Med's Done....
17/08/2017
Hi, I am wondering how you can check the passports is still under process? we submitted passport at the end of June but didn't hear of anything so far...... no email or anything.
They give us tracking number by which we check the status