+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

viperhusain

Nov 21, 2020
I am still with my words above. Few things can delay PPR as I have read here in exceptional cases Background takes many months; which includes bunch of checks. May try contacting local MP and VO will have to reply within a week. Lat us know what reply came to MP's office. Thank you.
I tried contacting CIC through web form, this is what they replied:
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: singleman

Bashima

Star Member
Mar 20, 2021
August 09, 2019 Applicant
Remedical Request : March 10, 2021
Pre-Arrival : March 11, 2021
Remedical Done : March 17, 2021

Can anyone knows how long they would take further for the DM and PPR?
I'm in the same situation as you can you plz let me know if you got DM or PPR and was after how many days or weeks after your remedical @ranaumar1292

viperhusain

Nov 21, 2020
I tried contacting CIC through web form, this is what they replied:
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
But on Ecas it shows DM, it's been more than 3+ months and I've also received the pre arrival letter. But in web form reply they said application is still under process I don't understand why?

MarygAnn

May 12, 2019
May2020 ircc received our application
Nov2020 medical request
Dec2020 medical done
Feb2020 pre arrival letter
Can someone know what’s next?pre arrival is a good sign??

Dream_2020

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hello People,
I have a worry, please let me know you thoughts.
My application for outland spousal sponsorship is in process, I received a letter of pre-arrival services, and another medicals instruction since the first one expired.
I send a webform informing the Embassy that I have new passport and I attached a scanned copy. then I later send the same message with a scanned copy of my passport to the Embassy through email(Not webform). After the email was sent I noticed in the morning that I Included only my application number and I forgot to add my UCI. I immediately send them another email including my UCI.
My worry is sending them TWO EMAILS AND ONE WEBFORM about the same thing will appear as if I'm putting them pressure since as they are currently processing my application, and thus cause delays??

Please let know your thoughts
Many thanks

Reactions: Jimvarry010

LeahSeven

Apr 19, 2021
Hey guys. I have a question and i hope someone can put some light into this and help me out. I applied for my husband April 27,2020. March 27,2021 I received the pre arrival letter and they updated GC account to processing your background check. Still no update or anything about PPR. How long is the process? Whats the next step?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey guys. I have a question and i hope someone can put some light into this and help me out. I applied for my husband April 27,2020. March 27,2021 I received the pre arrival letter and they updated GC account to processing your background check. Still no update or anything about PPR. How long is the process? Whats the next step?
No-one can tell you exactly but pre-arrival is usually a good sign. If you use ecas, you may see a 'decision made' - also a good sign in combination with the pre-arrival (you will not see decision made in gckey).

After that, PPR. That may be one month, it may be three, in some cases longer. If your medical clearance is getting close to one year, they may request re-medical or extend the medical clearance for some additional months.

MarygAnn

May 12, 2019
Hi all
I received my pre arrival letter last Wedenesday then decision made appeared online on Friday . But the didn't ask for the passports yet . My medical were done last year 17 Aug. And my daughter 28 Aug. And have been received in the mention date . Any similar cases. How long do you think it will take for them to ask for the passport

mohamd taha

Sep 20, 2019
مرحباً ، أنا محمد من سوريا مقيم في تركيا. أنا متزوج ولدي طفل. أود الهجرة إلى كندا لبناء حياة جديدة

LeahSeven

Apr 19, 2021
does anyone know what it means when you get ghost updates? April 27,2021 it will be 1 year since my application has been received. I think its my second ghost update. I opened my application today and it said update but nothing changed.

Reactions: sanketsheladiya

Gadshe09

Star Member
Sep 28, 2020
Same thing for me I got pre arrival on March 2, 2021 but no decision made or passport request. Gkey also says my background is in process