+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival letter and decision made

Ijsmnlea

Oct 20, 2019
I think I had whats known as a "ghost update" yesterday. I log in every few days to CIC, just "incase" and yesterday I noticed the :"Current Status" column on the main page changed from "Submitted" to (I cant remember the exact phrase) "Updated"... When I went into the application everything seemed as normal and when I returned to the main page that status was back to Submitted. *shrug*. I'm sure there are still several months of waiting … ill get excited when they ask for passports..
Hi! Any update on your application?

JAY1982

Jun 1, 2018
Hi Singhsdwr,

After I received the Pre-Arrival letter on 11 May 2019, I emailed the Visa Office to ask exactly your question. They told me the following:

"Dear Applicant,

We can confirm that the processing of the above mentioned application has started and well progressed. The time frame to complete these internal procedures are difficult to determine as the time necessary to complete the procedures may vary from one case to another depending to the specificities of each application.

Currently, some of our internal procedures which are compulsory for all applicants and non-exemptable, are under process. This can take up to 180 days. If you don’t hear from us within 180 days, you can contact us. Otherwise, as soon as there will be any new development, we will inform yourself and / or the applicant.

Hope this will be of assistance.
"

But I actually got the PPR sooner than 180 days. I received it on 10 October (exactly 5 months after the Pre-Arrival letter).
Just add.

Hi,

On October 10, 2019, I received an email saying I had a message in my online GCKey account. I checked and it was the passport request.

We sent in the passports on 12 October and the PR visas were stamped on 27 October. The visas are valid up to 9 April 2020 for the parents to enter Canada because that date is exactly one year after the medical exam date of (9 April 2019).

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Naa . Just waiting for ppr it is really frustrating.
I've heard that these Pre Arrival services do send information to IRCC if someone joined the services, so I wonder if someone does not join them then IRCC thinks that the person is not serious and delays the PPR. Anyone could confirms this? because I did rad something on this forum about IRCC knowing who joined or not.

Here is a link:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pre-arrival-services-invitation.541134/#post-6923748

Last edited:

Ijsmnlea

Oct 20, 2019
C
Just add.

Hi,

On October 10, 2019, I received an email saying I had a message in my online GCKey account. I checked and it was the passport request.

We sent in the passports on 12 October and the PR visas were stamped on 27 October. The visas are valid up to 9 April 2020 for the parents to enter Canada because that date is exactly one year after the medical exam date of (9 April 2019).
Congratulations on your PR!

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
I've heard that these Pre Arrival services do send information to IRCC if someone joined the services, so I wonder if someone does not join them then IRCC thinks that the person is not serious and delays the PPR. Anyone could confirms this? because I did rad something on this forum about IRCC knowing who joined or not.

Here is a link:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pre-arrival-services-invitation.541134/#post-6923748
I joined those webinars because I would like to integrate into Canadian society and understand how to live there. But I don’t think government cares if you join pre arrival services or not... it’s optional))

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I joined those webinars because I would like to integrate into Canadian society and understand how to live there. But I don’t think government cares if you join pre arrival services or not... it’s optional))
They don't care, I agree... I guess these pre arrival services probably send info just for statistical reasons.