Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SENT:07-03-2012 RECEIVED:12-03-2012 (by MIKE)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
BD ENCASHED:19-03-2012 PER:27-03-2012
IELTS Request
07-03-2012
Hi everybody,

just wanted to share some firsthand experience.

my sister is one of those affected with the backlog, batch 2007, she has just received a letter from cic, with regards to their pending fsw application (march 2007). they have informed her that she has been chosen to be one of the fsw-provincial nominee pilot program, and if she is willing to participate, she has been chosen by BC to be taken under their provincial nominee application. if she wants to pursue this, she should submit her documents including the letter they just received to be able to continue into this new "pilot program".

hope this helps and gives hope to others.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
PMM said:
Hi

Well as was hinted prior to the 2012 Budget, it appears that Kenney is doing away with the Pre-2008 FSW backlog. According to the story in the Winnipeg Press http://tinyurl.com/7wtcq3t That the 300K applications in the Pre 2008 backlog will have their applications and fees returned. There is a budget of $130Million, but the numbers don't add up. 300K applications at $550 is $165Million.
Probably these figures r closer:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1153793--federal-budget-2012-immigration-reforms-to-speed-entry-of-economic-immigrants

saimahuz

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
IP-03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Notice – Questions and answers: Changes that affect Federal Skilled Worker applications

Q1. Why do you propose removing the FSW backlog?

Canada needs to select immigrants who are ready, willing and able to fully integrate into Canada's labour market and fill gaps in our economy, particularly where we have existing skills shortages.

The large backlog of applications that has accumulated under the Federal Skilled Worker Program is impeding the responsiveness of Canada's immigration system.

Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other countries with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their application processed in Canada.

Economic Action Plan 2012 therefore proposes to return applications and refund fees paid by certain federal skilled worker applicants who applied under previous criteria established prior to February 27, 2008.

Removing the backlog of FSW applications will allow CIC to focus on bringing in skilled immigrants who apply under the current eligibility criteria and are more suited for shortages in Canada's economy today.

Q2. Would I be affected if CIC removes the FSW backlog?

Under the proposed changes, CIC would close Federal Skilled Worker applicants' files if they:

applied before February 27, 2008, and
have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on selection criteria by March 29, 2012. (information on selection criteria is below)

We expect this would affect around 280,000 people including dependents.

If the proposed law is passed, CIC would begin to return the full amount of fees paid by affected FSW applicants.

Q3. Is there any reason I would not get my refund?

The proposed changes are intended to be retroactive to March 29, 2012. If an immigration officer had refused your application based on selection criteria before that date, you will not get a refund.

Q4. What does a "decision based on selection criteria" mean?

A "decision based on selection criteria" means that an immigration officer:

has assessed your FSW application against the points grid, and
has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.

Currently, the pass mark is 67 points out of a grid worth 100 points. The grid considers the person's:

ability in English and/or French
education
work experience
whether they have a job already arranged in Canada (arranged employment), and
how well they might adapt to living in Canada (which awards points for things like previous work or study in Canada, spouse's education and relatives in Canada).

If your application is successful, you would move to the next phase (i.e. admissibility). At that point you would be checked against health, security and criminality requirements before being allowed to enter Canada.

If you do not score at least 67 on the FSW points grid, your application would be refused and CIC would inform you of the decision.

Q5. How would I get my refund?

More details on the proposed change will be announced soon. Once the proposal is approved through Parliament, CIC will begin to return the fees.

Details will be available on the CIC website.

Q6. What options would I have if my application is removed from the backlog?

If your file is closed by CIC, you may re-apply under the current FSW criteria. If you have the skills Canada needs now, your application would likely be processed much faster – new FSW applications are processed within 6-12 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-qa.asp

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Suppose one did not get medicals yet but caips notes indicates following
Hi every one

points scored 70
ielts score 6 and verified online
PS 01
SELDEC 00
Paper Screening 01

Then whether my application will be processed or refused for refund? Pl comment

Cheffy

Mar 31, 2012
snehasis21 said:
MR. KENNY IA A *censored word* PERSON.HE MUST BE TRIAL IN THE COURT OF PEOPLKE AND HANGED BY PLAYING FOR 7-8 YEARS SUDDENLY RETURNNING THE APPLICATION. HE IS A MAD PERSON.HE MUST BE SHOOTED
Comments like that do not really help. Are you one of them concerned? You better work on your writing skills before demanding a minister's head.. As said before, the residency is a privilege, not a right.

Islamabad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Med's Request
04 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
10 Aug 2011
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
mehulca said:
This is very sad news on the part of many applicants who have the dream of "Being in Canada 1 day". Many applicants are now not in the position to apply, their NOC being in the in-demand list.
as per my opinion,they will again announce many previious NOCs in june 2012.

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
People should wait until dust settles,then the picture will be clearer.I am sure CIC will work out something acceptable for all parties. People should take things with a pinch of salt and a good sense of humour."WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH THE TOUGH KEEPS GOING" Let's see what options left for us to continue the Canadian dream. These things happen ,one must just deal with them when they happen
Ario

Neyo

Star Member
May 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2006
AOR Received.
10-02-2007
Med's Request
03-03-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-12-20012
Ario said:
People should wait until dust settles,then the picture will be clearer.I am sure CIC will work out something acceptable for all parties. People should take things with a pinch of salt and a good sense of humour."WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH THE TOUGH KEEPS GOING" Let's see what options left for us to continue the Canadian dream. These things happen ,one must just deal with them when they happen
Ario
Good talk Ario, we don't even need to be negative on anyone, of course it's shocking!

dhnenan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hello Everybody,

WE need to collectively raise our voice against this injustice.
We can do it,as of now it is just a proposal at the moment.
This needs to be validated at the parliament soon... as per the below quoted lines...

We should not sit and discuss this but find ways so that our voice / cries should be felt in the parliament
and a harsh decisions should be stopped before it is imposed on us...

"
Q5. How would I get my refund?

More details on the proposed change will be announced soon. Once the proposal is approved through Parliament, CIC will begin to return the fees.

Details will be available on the CIC website"

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@ dhnenan
No man ,it's pretty much a done deal .they know they have a majority in parliament ,so the proposal will be voted into law.
Let just hope the NOC won't be squeezed to prevent the backlog people from creating another backlog

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hopefulever said:
Suppose one did not get medicals yet but caips notes indicates following
Hi every one

points scored 70
ielts score 6 and verified online
PS 01
SELDEC 00
Paper Screening 01

Then whether my application will be processed or refused for refund? Pl comment

Pre 27/02/08 no selection decision, looks a refusal and refund of fees.

powpow-411

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/9/2007
Doc's Request.
16/2/2009
AOR Received.
23/03/2008
Med's Request
Still waiting
Passport Req..
Still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Still waiting
If applied in September 2007 and my documents and Police Certificate were sumbitted and my status is " IN PROCESS" I had also ordered CAIPS and the only marks i have scored so far is for my age. With all of this will my application will be returned.

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Just one clarification:

Those who have filed through agents or consultants and heve even paid post landing service charges, what will happen to their fee. will agents return this amount to clients. In my view Clients have evry right to appeal in indian court against the agent and cic will definitely become a party to it. This will bering insult for cic and media will definitely exploit this situation. And I expect and hope lot of litigations will be filed in indian court and I am one of them. I have already consulted my advocate and case can be filed in india in such a scenerio and may bering relief to clients in returning money in addition adverse remarks to cic.

powpow-411

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/9/2007
Doc's Request.
16/2/2009
AOR Received.
23/03/2008
Med's Request
Still waiting
Passport Req..
Still waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting
LANDED..........
Still waiting
powpow-411 said:
If applied in September 2007 and my documents and Police Certificate were sumbitted and my status is " IN PROCESS" I had also ordered CAIPS and the only marks i have scored so far is for my age. With all of this will my application will be returned.