+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pre-2008 please share if you got any news after resume

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Hi, after the great news that the CIC offices will resume the process of our applications please share if you receive any update letter, medical request, passport request, etc after this announcement, It's important to know how the offices are reactivating to this, the law could come in 1 month and maybe the lucky ones could be those who get something new during this month.

Let's keep our hopes on, I trust in God and I know He, and Canada, are always fair.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Same, in process since May 2007, I hope to see some replies saying: "got the update letter after march 29" that will show that effectively the offices are resuming the process of our applications.

kolaveri_di_canada

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
crostantine have they requested for your docs..i sam saying so coz my was simplified process where they requested my docs in aug 2011 which i submitted in nov 2011...but still the status has not changed IN PROCESS...THATS ALL IT SAY AND NOTHING about the documents submitted.. huhhhhh

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Hi kolaveri_di_canada, nope the only thing that I sent was the application and fees 6 years ago, got the "hello" letter but nothing else.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Here it is: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob413.asp

"Until the FSW proposal is enacted and comes into force, local managers are to continue with the processing of FSW applications, including FSW applications made prior to February 27, 2008, whether a selection decision has been rendered or not prior to March 29, 2012. This means that processing of all cohorts of FSW cases should continue. Established priorities for MI cases remain in effect."

btw, this is not the thread to post this, but anyway... all of you are coming because you are affected by the pre-2008 decision to slash the backlog, please go and sign this online petition: http://jimkarygiannis.net/petition_and_action_requests/immigration_backlog he is a Member of the parliament and is collecting signatures to fight back and try to take down this proposal.

kolaveri_di_canada

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
please follow the link below.....what happens to my documents i submitted in november 2011 to kuala lumpur malaysia office..my status still shows IN PROCESS

WHAT DOES THIS MEANS

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob415.asp

Operational Bulletin 415 - April 30, 2012
Closure and Transfer of Visa and Immigration Services from the Canadian Embassies in Berlin and Tokyo and Canadian High Commissions in Dhaka and Kuala Lumpur
Summary

The purpose of this Operational Bulletin (OB) is to provide information regarding the closure of the Berlin, Dhaka, Kuala Lumpur and Tokyo visa offices, and the transfer of visa and immigration services.
Background

Effective immediately, the Visa and Immigration Sections of the Canadian Embassies in Berlin and Tokyo and the Canadian High Commissions in Dhaka and Kuala Lumpur are closed to the public.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
does anyone have some news about pre-2008 processes, did you get any communication from the embassy? I've been sending 1 email per day, to answer about my case, but they didn't answer anything... I'm starting to think that they created a junk filter to put us on trash along with our files.

They sent a communication to the embassies saying that they should keep working on pre-2008 until new instruction, but I cant get anyone who got something after that, I think they have a below-table instruction saying: "Remember the last instruction about keeping studying the cases pre-2008? forget about it, is just to calm them down"

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

crosstantine said:
does anyone have some news about pre-2008 processes, did you get any communication from the embassy? I've been sending 1 email per day, to answer about my case, but they didn't answer anything... I'm starting to think that they created a junk filter to put us on trash along with our files.

They sent a communication to the embassies saying that they should keep working on pre-2008 until new instruction, but I cant get anyone who got something after that, I think they have a below-table instruction saying: "Remember the last instruction about keeping studying the cases pre-2008? forget about it, is just to calm them down"
Your probably correct, as the pre 2008 weren't a priority, they will process M1-M4s and won't touch the pre 2008. When the legislation is passed, the applications will be returned and the fees refunded, as by then the law will be in place allowing CIC to refuse to process the pre 2008s

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
I got :-''be rest assured your application is on the queue to be reviewed by an officer''.

Ig

Luenam

May 25, 2012
Hi, Im a Pre 2008 applicant, Jan 31, 2008. Just this Jan 25, 2012 I got an Update letter from my VO (KL Malaysia) unfortunately they closed down last April 30, 2012 so my file was moved to SG VO. I already sent them all the docs last May 28 im waiting and hoping, praying that they will still continue working on my file.

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Any body knows of outcome of litigation in backlogged cases. Pl share

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
That's great I was starting to think that they will not continue to process of our applications, seems that they're moving but as slow as a turtle with a rock on top of it.

nahid023

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
dear friends,

what CIC is saying about processing of pre-feb 2008 applications (another trick of Jason Kenny, no doubt, before the bill pass) is nothing but to calm down all who are strongly protesting worldwide regarding this type of injustice and inhuman decision. we all waited for 6/7/8 years and now they are saying "sorry for not to proceed your application and here is the refund"

if you guys would really like to know what's happening worldwide please do visit and join this group (http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/groups/179730375479964/) and fight together to get justice. we all should be unit this time.