+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC Renewal Form Questions

Santana Two

Dec 28, 2016
Hello ladies and gentlemen,

New on here, thanks in advance;

In the process of renewing my PRC for the second time, in the application form:

A) Section C, #19: the list is long, do I state all stays, everywhere and stays back at home for every trip (vacation, family visit, work) or only stays of one month or longer?

B) Maybe a dated question but I couldn't find a recent answer.
Section C, #19, 20 & 21:
Is it necessary to print additional relevant pages from the application form for all extra activities or can one prepare his/her own similar/spreadsheet/white paper with the answers in question?

C) Section C, # 21: under "Period to be assessed": do I select dates for the period of the last five (5) years from estimated application signature/submission?

D) Photocopies of what documents must be notarized before submission for PRC renewal?

E) Passport is out for renewal, is it necessary to include photocopies of all passport pages or only used/stamped pages?

I appreciate your willingness to assist and look forward to your response.

Thank you.

withhardshipcomesease

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Santana Two said:

A) Section C, #19: the list is long, do I state all stays, everywhere and stays back at home for every trip (vacation, family visit, work) or only stays of one month or longer?
i think trips less than a week long you wouldn't have to worry about. Better to write a note explaining your circumstances.

Section C, #19, 20 & 21:
Is it necessary to print additional relevant pages from the application form for all extra activities or can one prepare his/her own similar/spreadsheet/white paper with the answers in question? You can do your own sheet, just try to keep the same format; and definitely don't change it to be like "oh, here's my time spent in Canada!" only.

C) Section C, # 21: under "Period to be assessed": do I select dates for the period of the last five (5) years from estimated application signature/submission?
yes, or from the time you became a PR, whichever is most recent.

D) Photocopies of what documents must be notarized before submission for PRC renewal?
I believe it's just your IDs.. passport, old pr card, drivers licenses.

E) Passport is out for renewal, is it necessary to include photocopies of all passport pages or only used/stamped pages?
you should have all passport pages in the off chance that a secondary review is needed.

Thank you.

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Santana Two said:

Section C, #19, 20 & 21:
Is it necessary to print additional relevant pages from the application form for all extra activities or can one prepare his/her own similar/spreadsheet/white paper with the answers in question?

Thank you.
Based on experience only: reality cud be different.

A) Section C, #19: the list is long, do I state all stays, everywhere and stays back at home for every trip (vacation, family visit, work) or only stays of one month or longer? - I dont think it is required for short trips or vacations. But, yes do need to mention the primary address of the country where you are living.

Section C, #19, 20 & 21:
Is it necessary to print additional relevant pages from the application form for all extra activities or can one prepare his/her own similar/spreadsheet/white paper with the answers in question? - Ensure you submit different papers for each question. Make sure it is exactly in the same format as show in the IMM. Also, do mention on the top eg: "ADDRESS HISTORY INSDIE AND OUTSIDE CANADA OF MR. / MS. ABC" and sign all those - Just in case if the paper is misplace by them they can figure out which application it belongs to.

C) Section C, # 21: under "Period to be assessed": do I select dates for the period of the last five (5) years from estimated application signature/submission? - Yes. Read the IMM for more clarity.

D) Photocopies of what documents must be notarized before submission for PRC renewal? - I dont think an Notary is required. They have nowhere mentioned it in the original Insturction Guide - Visit - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp However, eg: if the bio page of pp is not in English then yes it must be translated and the due process as mentioned must be followed.

E) Passport is out for renewal, is it necessary to include photocopies of all passport pages or only used/stamped pages? - The Instruction Guide Visit - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp mentions only the bio page of the pp.