+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC application after 6 years out of canada

alinahar

Jan 31, 2011
Hi,

I emmigrate to canada in 2005. In 2006, we came back to our native country for family issues (illness and death of my mother in law). After that, we didn't entry in Canada at all. Our PRCard expires in May 2010.
Which are the chances to renew my PR Card, after I re-entry in Canada, can we use Humanitarian Reasons in our applicatyion? Exist the risk that our application to be denied? Which is the estimated time for renewal the card?

Thanks,

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alinahar said:
Hi,

I emmigrate to canada in 2005. In 2006, we came back to our native country for family issues (illness and death of my mother in law). After that, we didn't entry in Canada at all. Our PRCard expires in May 2010.
Which are the chances to renew my PR Card, after I re-entry in Canada, can we use Humanitarian Reasons in our applicatyion? Exist the risk that our application to be denied? Which is the estimated time for renewal the card?

Thanks,
You can't apply for renewal from outside of Canada. Since your PR card has already expired, you would need to apply for a travel document at the consulate in your home country to travel to Canada. VERY doubtful you would get one as you did not meet the residency requirements so it would likely be refused. You could appeal the decision to the IAD but again, very little chance of success even with H&C grounds especially since you've been gone for 5 years.