+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Praise the CIC.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll only praise if process goes at same pace even 3 months after elections. Right now i think they are in hurry to get more voters for elections :)

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smile_Canada said:
I'll only praise if process goes at same pace even 3 months after elections. Right now i think they are in hurry to get more voters for elections :)
Well, opposite can be said as well; if you live in the riding where "orange" or "red" are prevailing, CIC will use your application as a coffee mug coaster. Waiting for my Oath for 4.5 months, won't be surprised if will get my oath letter right after the election

whiz

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gjp said:
Whiz,
While USA's citizenship processing is faster than Canada, their Green Card process takes a long time. Especially if you are from India, China, Mexico, Philippines and certain other countries mentioned in their visa bulletin, the processing is more than 5 years and I know people for whom it took about 9 years and it is also difficult to change jobs during that time. Also, US citizenship application can be made only after completing 5 years.
Well, they do have the lottery program where you get GC instantly!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
whiz said:
Well, they do have the lottery program where you get GC instantly!
It is not so instant as you think it is. You still need to meet minimum qualifications for GC. And just because your name is selected doesn't mean you will get it. The number of names drawn are overdrawn. In other words, if there are 5000 GC lottery, 10000 names are drawn. Once the GC cap is reached before you get yours, despite your name drawn, you won't get GC (first come first serve).

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
A. Today at Scarborough office. Hundreds of oath takers. Appplicants used to wait 2/3 years long. Not any more. I Talked to a few they are fresh from oven,2015 applicants.

B. They used to check stamps and give us trouble. Not any more. I'm had missing tons of stamps (and same happend to a few of my friends) and 0 trouble.

C. RQ ? Became R who ? seems like an old dreaded history dream. Almost not any more. ( look at the 2015 trackers)

We have critics on CIC.and it's ok , But we may say a good word/ compliment when they finally started to move ahead.
IMO only,
Ari

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
ari5323 said:
A. Today at Scarborough office. Hundreds of oath takers. Appplicants used to wait 2/3 years long. Not any more. I Talked to a few they are fresh from oven,2015 applicants.

B. They used to check stamps and give us trouble. Not any more. I'm had missing tons of stamps (and same happend to a few of my friends) and 0 trouble.

C. RQ ? Became R who ? seems like an old dreaded history dream. Almost not any more. ( look at the 2015 trackers)

We have critics on CIC.and it's ok , But we may say a good word/ compliment when they finally started to move ahead.
IMO only,
Ari
I will have to agree with my friend here.
It does look like CIC is improving their workflow.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Bigudi said:
I will have to agree with my friend here.
It does look like CIC is improving their workflow.
Of course. Its easier to streamline the process with only physical presence with actual numbers and access to income tax records. No BS about meeting "basic residency" to qualify for citizenship. Either you meet the physical presence requirement or you dont.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
screech339 said:
Of course. Its easier to streamline the process with only physical presence with actual numbers and access to income tax records. No BS about meeting "basic residency" to qualify for citizenship. Either you meet the physical presence requirement or you dont.
Well... it looks like the workflow is improved for all applicants of 2015. That means 6 months of applicants under the old law, with all the "BS" and such like. So... maybe the new law helped to improve it, sure. But there is something else going on there.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
There are basically a few facts that contributed to the much faster work of CIC than before

A. New almost doubled fees. That allowed the gov to hire more staff.

B. They have almost one year with minimal new applicants .

C. The backlog of CIC in all fields PR processing field -and citizenship processing field. was already scandalous, We all remember how CIC had to admit for the whole world that they failed, and cancel /refund and return files for skilled workers applicants all over the world,
In order to get rid of the PR backlog.

So they reorganized, and they had to cut away a lot of bullshit stuff, like the RQ /missing stamps, and much more other paperwork demands , in order to keep moving faster.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think 1 year is fair for the whole process.

I'm not in a hurry right now but I let CIC know I need my citizenship by March 2016 as I'm travelling 2 weeks to Europe and with my actual citizenship I'd need the Schengen Visa.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
gjp said:
Whiz,
While USA's citizenship processing is faster than Canada, their Green Card process takes a long time. Especially if you are from India, China, Mexico, Philippines and certain other countries mentioned in their visa bulletin, the processing is more than 5 years and I know people for whom it took about 9 years and it is also difficult to change jobs during that time. Also, US citizenship application can be made only after completing 5 years.
The reason it takes so long to get a green card for people from certain countries is because they have a quota every year for each country. Those countries have large amounts of GC applicants so they have to wait very long. But if you are from a first world country with few people applying for GC, such as Germany, you don't have to wait long...

So it's not like their CIC (whatever it's called, USCIS or something) is inefficient, it's just that they are deliberately controlling immigrant inflow from each country! Our CIC, on the other hand, IS REALLY VERY SLOW, even with the "improved" timelines... :mad:

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Here is my timeline:

27 May - Application received.
20 July - AOR.
19 August - In Process.
21 October - Test date.
23 October - Decision made.
25 November - Oath date.

The complete process will take 6 months minus 2 days. Precisely. From May 27th to November 25th.

Give credit where credit is due. It is a pretty impressive workflow for them.

Although, of course I agree that it is outrageous all those thousands of people who applied in 2011, 2012, 2013 that are still waiting for word from CIC.
I cannot even start to imagine their criteria to clear out the files. But whatever they are doing, it is improving.

It's far away from perfect. Hell, it is far away from "reasonable" or "acceptable" (considering this horrible backlog and lack of transparency).
But, we have to agree that the process to improvement already started, and it's giving good results.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ari5323 said:
Folks,
Look @ my time line how fast it works.
May-June/jul-August-step-October
I KNOW ITS NOT POPULAR TO SAY IT HERE :
Praise for the CIC they really started to move fast.

sent : MAY-28-2015
Recvd JUN-01-2015
AOR : JUL -15-2015
IP. AUG-25-2015
Test inv. SEP-30-2015
Test ON OCT-21-2015
I applied in December 2014 and test in april 2015 (just 4 months) and oath in aug 2015. In total the whole process took less than 8 months :)

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... Am one of most unfortunate person in this forum.

My time line applied Jan.2012. in Process May 2012.
RQ March 2013 before test... Replied April 2013.

Than waiting game started tried all the channel, calling CIC, MP, Lawyer
letter to Minister, Letter to local office, letter to ST.Clair.. Finally I heard
from them my test/interview October schedule for 22. Decision made
in my file October 23. Since than waiting for my oath....

Total number of days after application 1402 days and still waiting for oath.
applied well over the required number of days.

all passport translated costing lot of money for translation, have taken advise
from lawyer paid good amount of money to secure some advise total package
for mandamus was so high so I was not able to hire lawyer... other than
checking e-cas million time and on this forum am very active since I applied
than saw strong movement for applicant for 2015 become so nervous and
depressed have stop communicating this forum for 60 days i.e. Sept/October.

Hope and pray my suffering will be over soon...

My local office Scarborough to St.Clair and now I do not where I will be having next
and final step....

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
janoo said:
Hi... Am one of most unfortunate person in this forum.

My time line applied Jan.2012. in Process May 2012.
RQ March 2013 before test... Replied April 2013.

Than waiting game started tried all the channel, calling CIC, MP, Lawyer
letter to Minister, Letter to local office, letter to ST.Clair.. Finally I heard
from them my test/interview October schedule for 22. Decision made
in my file October 23. Since than waiting for my oath....

Total number of days after application 1402 days and still waiting for oath.
applied well over the required number of days.

all passport translated costing lot of money for translation, have taken advise
from lawyer paid good amount of money to secure some advise total package
for mandamus was so high so I was not able to hire lawyer... other than
checking e-cas million time and on this forum am very active since I applied
than saw strong movement for applicant for 2015 become so nervous and
depressed have stop communicating this forum for 60 days i.e. Sept/October.

Hope and pray my suffering will be over soon...

My local office Scarborough to St.Clair and now I do not where I will be having next
and final step....

Hi there, I'm curious. If you applied with so many days more than the required number, what coulf have flagged you for a RQ?