+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRAA

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Congratulations !

I have one question to ask.

You said that you got a letter from CBSA that a decision has been made, and you have an appointment.

My Question: In this letter , Did CBSA ask you to bring all documents to this appointment ? Such as work permit, brown paper ,every document issued by government , including expired ones.
Yes they gonna send a letter telling you, you have an appt and u need to bring all letters like birth certificate, 4 passport size photographs and all that but they don’t ask of any tho.they only take the pictures and then u gonna present the letter at the reception that u got an appointment and sometimes they take the birth certificate.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Hi,did you apply for PRRA after your refugee claim was denied?I heard you need to wait for CBSA call for removal and then you can apply for PRRA.And where are you from if you dont mind telling?
I wasn’t refugee claimants, my case was a lil different. My mum sponsored me as a pR holder and I got married before coming to Canada, so when I got to the airport I admitted that my status had changed so I was inadmissible so they said so I had to fight to stay n I was denied them I was sent the PRRA form and they asked if I wanted to apply, which I did. They give u a month or 15 days to apply I think. Been going on n off for 7 years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I wasn’t refugee claimants, my case was a lil different. My mum sponsored me as a pR holder and I got married before coming to Canada, so when I got to the airport I admitted that my status had changed so I was inadmissible so they said so I had to fight to stay n I was denied them I was sent the PRRA form and they asked if I wanted to apply, which I did. They give u a month or 15 days to apply I think. Been going on n off for 7 years.
Is your spouse in Canada? That will be the next large hurdle.

B-Nice

Feb 28, 2023
Is your spouse in Canada? That will be the next large hurdle.
No, I dissolved it!
I went 7years of hard struggle just to get back that status n I lost it. So i just had to end it.
So I have no intentions of sponsoring that person.

chally77

Apr 21, 2024
Please get intouch I got a letter CBSA that a decision has been rendered on my PRRA same as u to come with 4 passport photo any govt I'd etc and I have an inland spouse sponsorship aplication in progress biometric done, medical not required already done as a refugee then, background check in progress.