+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR_Express Entry_Before Landing_Medical Emergency

yagrawal

Mar 15, 2018
Dear All,

My wife and I got COPR along with Visa for our express entry permanent residency. I am the principal applicant and my wife is dependent applicant. Visa is valid only for one month which means we need to land in Canada by 5th Oct. We are not in position to travel as my wife is pregnant which we came to know last week after submission of passport. Please suggest how to proceed further. They have mentioned in COPR documents that VIsa can not be extended after one month. But, they have also mentioned that we need to notify if there is change in status/medical conditions. We can not travel in a month.

Need your supprt and guidance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear All,

My wife and I got COPR along with Visa for our express entry permanent residency. I am the principal applicant and my wife is dependent applicant. Visa is valid only for one month which means we need to land in Canada by 5th Oct. We are not in position to travel as my wife is pregnant which we came to know last week after submission of passport. Please suggest how to proceed further. They have mentioned in COPR documents that VIsa can not be extended after one month. But, they have also mentioned that we need to notify if there is change in status/medical conditions. We can not travel in a month.

Need your supprt and guidance.
Unless she has been put on immediate bed rest or something, this is not a medical emergency. Pregnant women are perfectly able to travel, especially so early.

Reactions: scylla and csadangi