+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR & Work permit issue

meffe_steve

Nov 28, 2017
Hello House,

I need help and advice.

my wife studied in Canada(before we married), she applied for her work permit, it took a bit of time, she came back to our country and we got married, I added her to my PR application, PR application approved, same time her work permit was approved also, we have sent in our passport for the PR and stamped sent back to her.

Our PR visa expires next year, our main issue is she needs to return back to Canada next month to sort out some things, she didn't apply for Visa based on the work permit, can she land with the PR visa on the bases of her approved work permit?

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
She can travel based on immigrant (PR) visa and do the landing but if you were the principal applicant in your PR application, she cannot land without you! Her work permit would lose its validity once she got became a permanent resident. So she cannot use her work permit anymore.

meffe_steve

Nov 28, 2017
She can travel based on immigrant (PR) visa and do the landing but if you were the principal applicant in your PR application, she cannot land without you! Her work permit would lose its validity once she got became a permanent resident. So she cannot use her work permit anymore.
Hi Sky_limit, thanks for your mail, just for clarification sake, she can land and enter Canada with that visa on work permit status, then reenter on PR status right?

Thanks

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Are you the primary applicant on PR application? If so, you have to travel with her and both of you need to do the landing. She cannot travel alone. Since you both got your COPR and immigrant (PR) visa. Her work permit is not valid anymore.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on the OP comments, it looks like they didn't do landing yet.
His wife wants to land with her work permit/visa. Her work permit is not cancelled until she do landing with CoPR, which she is not going to do now.

She can land in Canada with work visa and can do PR landing later (before expiry of visa).

meffe_steve

Nov 28, 2017
Based on the OP comments, it looks like they didn't do landing yet.
His wife wants to land with her work permit/visa. Her work permit is not cancelled until she do landing with CoPR, which she is not going to do now.

She can land in Canada with work visa and can do PR landing later (before expiry of visa).
She has the work permit, but she didn't get to apply for the TRV, the visa she has is that of the permanent residency, will she be able to enter the country with permanent residency visa and land later as a permanent resident.

Thank you

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She has the work permit, but she didn't get to apply for the TRV, the visa she has is that of the permanent residency, will she be able to enter the country with permanent residency visa and land later as a permanent resident.

Thank you
I don't think she can travel in that way, but I am not 100% sure about that.
What sky_limit mentioned earlier might be correct or seniors might give an idea.

devnill

Dec 5, 2015
Are you the primary applicant on PR application? If so, you have to travel with her and both of you need to do the landing. She cannot travel alone. Since you both got your COPR and immigrant (PR) visa. Her work permit is not valid anymore.
Work permit remains valid until landing is done (COPR does not invalidate a work permit). I returned to Canada on my work permit a couple of times before landing as PR.

sky_limit

May 1, 2008
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Work permit remains valid until landing is done (COPR does not invalidate a work permit). I returned to Canada on my work permit a couple of times before landing as PR.
Really? I had similar situation and had issues. Here, his spouse does not have visa based on the work permit either. This is definitely an issue.