+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR with LMIA extra points (I need your help so badly)

Apr 11, 2017
Hi all,
I just got an invitation with 50 extra points under LMIA.
However, my boss told me that he is not willing to get me relavant documents (ex. employment letter) becuase I got invitation letter ealier than he expected. (He doesnt want me to get PR too early so that I work longer for him.)

I do not want to decline the invitation for this time since I never know when I can get it again.
Is there anything I can do? any opinion?

Thank you in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
icandoeverything said:
Hi all,
I just got an invitation with 50 extra points under LMIA.
However, my boss told me that he is not willing to get me relavant documents (ex. employment letter) becuase I got invitation letter ealier than he expected. (He doesnt want me to get PR too early so that I work longer for him.)

I do not want to decline the invitation for this time since I never know when I can get it again.
Is there anything I can do? any opinion?

Thank you in advance.
How about making a written commitment to remain with your current employer for a specific period in exchange for his cooperation?

Apr 11, 2017
zardoz said:
How about making a written commitment to remain with your current employer for a specific period in exchange for his cooperation?
Thank you for reply.
I suggested what you just said, plus, I think I suggested all the possible options that I can offer.
He said no.
do I want to just upload everything with LOE or is it too risky?

naki

Mar 28, 2017
Your employer has no legal right to withhold information requested by you for your application.
I would advise you continue with your application. I doubt you will need any vast amount of document from your employer.
I applied EE-FSW with LMIA and the only document i request was and employment letter for proof of employment.
Read your LMIA document carefully, it specifically instruct the employer to ensure that the employee has in his possess a copy of the LMIA in order to make and application for the work permit and in the future PR. If your not fearful you can report him if he is withholding information and document at your request.

Best of luck