+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR WITH CHRONIC ILLNESS (POTENTIAL MEDICAL INADMISSIBILITY)

Feb 16, 2020
Hello,

I am planning to apply via Express Entry, I have a chronic autoimmune illness and understand the grounds for potential medical admissibility to Canada due to burden on healthcare services.

I'm concerned I may receive a Procedural Fairness Letter which I'll need to respond to with evidence or be denied entry.

How would you recommend I prepare in my case e.g. should I work with an immigration lawyer proactively incase I am faced with this letter?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am planning to apply via Express Entry, I have a chronic autoimmune illness and understand the grounds for potential medical admissibility to Canada due to burden on healthcare services.

I'm concerned I may receive a Procedural Fairness Letter which I'll need to respond to with evidence or be denied entry.

How would you recommend I prepare in my case e.g. should I work with an immigration lawyer proactively incase I am faced with this letter?
If you are fairly sure you will receive a PFL, you could seek a lawyer now in preparation to respond to the PFL. Or you could wait to see if you get the PFL and hire one then.

If you go for a lawyer, make sure s/he is quite experienced in medical inadmissibility cases.

Reactions: Wanderlust2020

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Hi,
I was in similar situtaion , You can contact Michael Battiasta law group , They have helped me with my PR. They deal with Medical Inadmisability cases.

Reactions: Wanderlust2020
Feb 16, 2020
Hi,
I was in similar situtaion , You can contact Michael Battiasta law group , They have helped me with my PR. They deal with Medical Inadmisability cases.
Thanks for the recommendation - at what stage of the Express Entry process did you start working with them? Did you receive a PFL?