+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR wants to apply for U.S visa

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
Hi i just need an advice...

i just got my PR recently ang i want to apply for a U.S visa to visit my relative but my passport will expire on sept.2009 do you think its ok to apply U.S visa now or wait until i have already renewed my passport? i'm planning to have a vacation this feb-may in the philippines and then may-july in U.S.i'm thingking that i will just renewed my passport in the philippines and apply the visa here in calgary..

tanoli

Feb 10, 2009
I think your passport should be valid for 6 months from the date you apply for visa.

Cheers,

balut

Jul 28, 2008
Good Luck to you bro! I got my PR too and tried to apply for a US Tourist visa last month...but the embassy turned me down...The interviewer told me "Your only a PR holder and not a citizen's yet" I will not give you a visa for now...I supposed to argue or say something but most people to told me don't argue or else you'll still be denied the next time...

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
balut said:
Good Luck to you bro! I got my PR too and tried to apply for a US Tourist visa last month...but the embassy turned me down...The interviewer told me "Your only a PR holder and not a citizen's yet" I will not give you a visa for now...I supposed to argue or say something but most people to told me don't argue or else you'll still be denied the next time...
tnx! for the reply..what other question did they ask you?when i exit in montana the officer told me that if i want to go to u.s it will be easy for me to get a tourist visa...if i may ask, what did you tell them the purpose of your trip to US? i wonder why they didn't grant you a visa..thanks again!

by the way nice nickname namiss ko tuloy ang balut.hehehe

balut

Jul 28, 2008
That's the only question they asked me...The purpose of my trip as i written down in my application is to visit my relatives....Well I guess it depends on the timing and the consul who gonna do the interview...

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
- Each and every case is different. If you have confidence I will recommend just apply and go ahead. You will never know the result unless you try.

jonats

Star Member
Oct 29, 2008
balut said:
That's the only question they asked me...The purpose of my trip as i written down in my application is to visit my relatives....Well I guess it depends on the timing and the consul who gonna do the interview...
bro! i guess the IO wake up in the wrong side of the bed...

balut

Jul 28, 2008
yeah i guess so..anyway maybe it's a bad timing for me...Good luck to you bro anyway...u can make it anyway, u've been there before..