+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Visa will expire on February 21, 2010 but we are expecting a baby on November

redmax

Sep 25, 2010
Dear Sir,

We just got our permanent residence visas and landing papers today, and we have until February 21, 2011 before the visa will expire. My wife by the way is the main applicant.

Our situation is that we are expecting our baby on the last week of November and basing on what I've read, we need to add on our new baby in my wife's application. Along with that, I believe we have to return our visas for cancelation and wait while our baby is examined.

My questions are:

1. Are we gonna get a new expiry date since we will have an add on?

2. We will definitely apply on December 1st week all necessary requirements/documents for our baby but would the visa processing be finished and all of us will get a new Permanent Residence Visa before February 21, 2010 the expiry date of the visa issued to us now?

3. Due to arrival of new baby do we have to reapply for entire family with new application/fees and start from scratch again?

Please advise us on what to do so we may not forfeit our Visa or otherwise make a wrong move. Time is running out for us.

We will appreciate your response to these questions.

Thank you!

Mr. & Mrs. Valerio

P.S. Anyone who had experience this before is also welcome to reply

ovsaha

Sep 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the same position, if you look through the forum - just few posts down there is a post "Delivering baby in US/Canada & belonging list." you might get some answers from there........ as far as new visa's being issued, I do not know for certain that we will get new dates or not, just have to wait and see.