+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Visa Processing Time

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
VO: Hong Kong IRCC

Passport Request Letter was issued by IRCC Hong Kong, passports were mailed to a VAC in mainland China.

Hello, we just mailed our passports from China to IRCC Hong Kong for PR Visa. Anyone know how long does the process normally take (not shipping, just the visa process itself)?

Last edited:

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
Same question here.... I'm in a similar position, though I haven't mailed out my docs yet. I heard people say it usually takes a month to have the returned passport with visa.

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Same question here.... I'm in a similar position, though I haven't mailed out my docs yet. I heard people say it usually takes a month to have the returned passport with visa.
Yeah, it should take less than a month for visa stamping with passport request letter.

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
For sensitive documents like passports, I assume they wouldn't hold it for too long...?

johnnycyrille

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Prior to the pandemic it used to be a matter of days , somewhere between 3 to 14 depending on the corresponding VAC. I got mine back in 3 days. There's no norm during the pandemic though...