+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Visa Denied

Apr 17, 2016
My husband (Jordanian ) of almost 2 years had a interview for a pr visa in Amman,Jordan on April 13,2016 which he attended and was denied.It was quite obvious this visa officer had already made up his mind before this interview had taken place.He was rude,judgemental and rascis .He asked many questions and my husband answered and this man this visa officer was quite rude and judgemental to my husband and made it quite clear how he dissaproved of our age difference.We are 19 years in difference but we love each other so much and have no problem.I am Canadian and he is Jordanian and we met in Oct 2011 and then in person in June 2012 and stayed in contact everyday and i went back to Jordan in 2013 of January and he proposed and i accepted and i had to unfortunately go back to Canada but we stayed in contact everyday until i come back 1 and 1/2 years later and we married in 2014.I applied for sponsorship which was approved and was told the next step was PR visa and we have waited almost 1 and 1/2 years for this day to be told by this visa officer that he has concerns and that we have "nothing in common".My husband brought every document to this interview that was asked of him showed proof of our relationship and marriage and this officer made it quite clear he was not in approval of our marriage because of our age difference.He told my husband answers to questions he asked because as he stated my husband answered wrong? For example he asked to my husband why did my 2 daughters not attend this wedding? My husband answered because of financial reasons and was told by this officer no because they did not agree to this wedding? Im pretty sure that i am a grown adult i have a brain and can make my own decisions and both my daughters could not attend because of financial reasons.He asked many questions and told my husband he was denying this visa because he thought my husband just wants to live in Canada and that because we have as he stated " we have nothing in common" ."It was very obvious this man is rascis and he discrimanated us because he does not approve of our age difference.I really hope this interview was taped so his superior can witness how he talk to and treat my husband so bad.His final comment was he was sending us both a email to state his reason for denying this visa and how to appeal.We have still heard nothing from him as of yet.I have everything required to support my husband i make a good income have a home to live in and have health dental and medicine insurance though my job for him.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Sorry to hear this.

There are many people here going through appeals and it is worth posting something in the thread here about it as people can help you through this process.

Apr 17, 2016
Has anyone ever experienced this and where do we go from here? There was a Canadian man who married a philipino bride and she was 38 years his junior which is their buisness and they were denied also and that poor man spent over $10000 dollars to fight immigration which they did and they won and they are preparing to bring her to Canada to meet his family and settle in and live their lives ,which is exactly what i want also.Inshallah :)

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Canadiandragonfly said:
Has anyone ever experienced this and where do we go from here? There was a Canadian man who married a philipino bride and she was 38 years his junior which is their buisness and they were denied also and that poor man spent over $10000 dollars to fight immigration which they did and they won and they are preparing to bring her to Canada to meet his family and settle in and live their lives ,which is exactly what i want also.Inshallah :)
It's not that unsual to deny based on age esp when the woman is much older in cultures where it is not culturally acceptable for a man to marry a much older woman. It just is what it is, and it doesn't appear the officer was racist, he was being objective and took into account that in your husbands culture (and under Islam) the sole purpose of marriage is to create a family unit and great importance is placed on having kids.

I know this may not be what you want to hear, but it just is what it is, that's the truth. You may be successful with your appeal, and have the decision reviewed and overturned. First place to start would be going to the appeals thread to see what the steps/process is. Here's the appeal thread:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.7110.html

The members here would be able to guide you.

As for the man spending $10000 to being his young wife here, Appeals are available and many are very successful. Most people higher a lawyer or consultant to help them with appeals.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
Canadiandragonfly said:
Here is one case of appeal that resembles your case. This is a full hearing appeal that was won by the sponsor and applicant.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2007/2007canlii66314/2007canlii66314.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQAQSm9yZGFuIG1hcnJpYWdlIAAAAAAB&resultIndex=8

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
hi, it's scary tho to hear this kind of situation and wow $10000 plus years of waiting.
may i ask if you hire lawyer to do your application i mean before you submit it?.
we definitely hire a lawyer to check our application before submitting, since we do have lots of red flag.i'm from philippines and my husband a canadian , which 26 years older than me, and different religion, etc. even we're legally married and perfectly in love.

thank you for sharing info

AreWeDoneYet

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
Passport Req..
June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 2016
Wishing you luck in your appeal

Apr 17, 2016
Hi thank you .Yes we will appeal and i have sent a email to the prime minister of canada as well as immigration minister of canada .I am presently just waiting now for the email from this officer so we can start the appeal process.This is all we can do for now.I wish you luck and there are many of us here around the world with a younger /older spouse and have a truely genuine relationship and are so in love.I wish you luck and a happy life with your husband .

Reactions: StephanH