+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR under Humanitarian and compassionate ground

Sandhu2020

Feb 13, 2020
Hi
I am only daughter of my mother, she is in Canada from last 2 years under supervisa, my father expired before my marriage I. E 2015, I want to apply her PR under H&C ground, is application require special documents, please reply, how do I file my case. I am Edmonton, any suggestion about immigration consultants, or lawyer. Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
I am only daughter of my mother, she is in Canada from last 2 years under supervisa, my father expired before my marriage I. E 2015, I want to apply her PR under H&C ground, is application require special documents, please reply, how do I file my case. I am Edmonton, any suggestion about immigration consultants, or lawyer. Thanks in advance
Being her only daughter is NOT H&C grounds. What actual grounds does she have?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi
Hi there - H&Cs are complex so hire an experienced lawyer to assist you with the application and submissions.

No one here can tell you how the application will be viewed and decided so don't feel obliged to try and justify the application in an open forum like this.

Have a scan of the Manual https://overseastudent.ca/migratetocanada/IMMGuide/CICManual/ip/ip05-eng.pdf

In many ways these applications are unpredictable because they rely upon the discretion of the decision-maker as they assess wildly varying situations against some broad policy goals.

Applying for H&C may well negatively impact future visitor visas if the application fails so it's important to discuss this with your lawyer.

Take care and good luck

Reactions: Sandhu2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many are under the impression that being an only child gives them H&C reasons. We have seen single parents in good health and can who care for themselves being refused. As previously said a negative H&C would make travel as a visitor to Canada very difficult. It is certainly a big risk that should not be considered lightly. I have attached a refusal to show that it does happen. You should be looking at PGP2020 when the details are released.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/421303/index.do