+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Unaccompanying spouse Visitor visa

Mikkyphp

Dec 28, 2017
Hello , i need a quick clarification:
I have a PR Visa yet to land(July 10) with an unaccompanying spouse and son. Wife is pregnant now and would like to give birth in Canada. So we have declared our intention to give birth in Canada in their TRV application for her and my son, with an invitation letter from my friend in alberta.

Our outland family sponsorship package will be finalized after i travel as i intend to bring them as soon as possible, but the processing time is too long.

Even though i know chances of denial are huge, will this by any chance jeopardise my status as PR when i get to the port of entry by july? I do not want to be turned back. I hope there is no misrepresentation of any kind here. please help

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
As long as your spouse was declared, had a medical exam, etc. you will not have any issues at all with your landing.

Mikkyphp

Dec 28, 2017
As long as your spouse was declared, had a medical exam, etc. you will not have any issues at all with your landing.
Wow, thanks...just incredibly scared and currently tempted to wait the next 4 weeks before submitting the application.

In her application, we filled that i was not a Permanent Resident, which I think is apt since i am yet to land. any thoughts?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Wow, thanks...just incredibly scared and currently tempted to wait the next 4 weeks before submitting the application.

In her application, we filled that i was not a Permanent Resident, which I think is apt since i am yet to land. any thoughts?
Yup that is correct. Obviously if you waited to file her TRV app until after you landed, you would want to revise that to say you are a PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just want to clarify that there will be no problem with tour PR but the chances of your wife and child being granted TRVs are very low. CIC can see that you haven't landed and you should have put them as accompanying if you wanted them to travel with you.

Mikkyphp

Dec 28, 2017
Just want to clarify that there will be no problem with tour PR but the chances of your wife and child being granted TRVs are very low. CIC can see that you haven't landed and you should have put them as accompanying if you wanted them to travel with you.
OK Thanks

Mikkyphp

Dec 28, 2017
Just to clarify re having the baby in Canada assume you have taken into account the probability of self funding the birth costs assuming AHCIP probably may not cover for your spouse as a visitor?

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html
Yes. Issue is the baby thing was unplanned, and my wife's ast child birth experience was traumatic. Hence we dont mind footing the bills. This isnt a ploy to game the system into getting my wife into canada, as we used this route because it was our best chance at the time given our CRS score

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Yes. Issue is the baby thing was unplanned, and my wife's ast child birth experience was traumatic. Hence we dont mind footing the bills. This isnt a ploy to game the system into getting my wife into canada, as we used this route because it was our best chance at the time given our CRS score
Was not suggesting anything untoward just making sure you had this covered given coverage for visiting spouses of a PR seems pretty vague on the AHCIP site and whether pregnancy is covered is another thing. Maybe you need to make contact with AHCIP to get clarification. Travel insurance wont cover of course but still advisable to think about insurance for spouse and son.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So you are prepared for a very large bill in case of any complication? (since you said her last childbirth was traumatic)