+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Travel document

Ramyadoddabasappa

Sep 9, 2018
Hi all,

I had done soft landing in Nov 2019 and still waiting for PR card. Had to send again photos on request. So we have sent the photos on Jan 7th through a friend who is in Canada. Now we are back in India. CAN I APPLY FOR PR travel document to travel back to Canada before we get the PR card. Does PR travel document held valid to travel if we have not got the initial PR card or is it only valid for expired or lost PR card?

Thanks in advance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sure nothing to stop you applying for a PRTD whether yours is an initial card or a lost card not relevant. In fact given PR cards are not officially mailed outside of Canada is a good enough reason and you have no issues with the residency obligation.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi all,

I had done soft landing in Nov 2019 and still waiting for PR card. Had to send again photos on request. So we have sent the photos on Jan 7th through a friend who is in Canada. Now we are back in India. CAN I APPLY FOR PR travel document to travel back to Canada before we get the PR card. Does PR travel document held valid to travel if we have not got the initial PR card or is it only valid for expired or lost PR card?

Thanks in advance
Not only you can, but you must as without a pr card, prtd is the only document which will let you in Canada