+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR travel document

radiomar

Jun 29, 2018
Hi guys,

We got our PR visa expiring in 2 months time and my husband is just new to his job here in singapore , therefore we cannot leave that fast. He need to serve 3 months notice to his company. Therefore his last day of work is January 2020.
My family (husband and 2 toddler) landed in montreal October 5 and stayed until October 11 (6days). We went back to singapore because my husband job.
Now did not apply for PR card while in canada. Now we are applying for PRTD.
Please anyone help me regarding some questions on the form that needs to be answered as this is confusing questions like:
: Humanitarian and compassionate Grounds section (no.19), l am not sure if this is applicable to us?
: statement of consent ( income tax information and filling history)(no.18) we dont have SIN yet.we did not apply for it yet.
: Your activities and employment (no.14) we will write down our activities from the date we became PR of canada up to the present . Is my understanding correct?
: The number on your Record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence or PR card (no.9) is this the UCI, seen on our COPR?

Thank u

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi guys,

We got our PR visa expiring in 2 months time and my husband is just new to his job here in singapore , therefore we cannot leave that fast. He need to serve 3 months notice to his company. Therefore his last day of work is January 2020.
My family (husband and 2 toddler) landed in montreal October 5 and stayed until October 11 (6days). We went back to singapore because my husband job.
Now did not apply for PR card while in canada. Now we are applying for PRTD.
Please anyone help me regarding some questions on the form that needs to be answered as this is confusing questions like:
: Humanitarian and compassionate Grounds section (no.19), l am not sure if this is applicable to us?
: statement of consent ( income tax information and filling history)(no.18) we dont have SIN yet.we did not apply for it yet.
: Your activities and employment (no.14) we will write down our activities from the date we became PR of canada up to the present . Is my understanding correct?
: The number on your Record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence or PR card (no.9) is this the UCI, seen on our COPR?

Thank u
1. You should have no problem applying for a PRTD, as if you only "Landed" in October, you are in compliance with your PR obligations.
2. All you need is a copy of your COPR and it's UCI number. All the other sections don't apply to you.

radiomar

Jun 29, 2018
Thank you for the information.

Even if we go back to montreal March 2020, we are not violating PR obligation?
When does the PR obligation commences?

Hi

1. You should have no problem applying for a PRTD, as if you only "Landed" in October, you are in compliance with your PR obligations.
2. All you need is a copy of your COPR and it's UCI number. All the other sections don't apply to you.