Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
05/03/2016
Does anyone knows what is the processing time for PRTD...We must travel to Europe and we dont have our PR cards yet. Any advice or experience is more than welcome. We are from visa exempt country....Thank you very much for any update :) :) :)

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The processing for PRTD, depending on which counties you are applying? In my case, it took only 5 days to get PRTD.

Assuming you are form visa-exempt countries? If so, you can return to Canada with your passport without apply for PRTD, keep in mind, do not tell an airline that you are a permanent resident, if you tell them that, they might not let you boarding or you can travel to the US then drive a car through US-CANADA border.

Note that, new entry requirement is Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Now delay Until September 29, 2016 so you don't need it too.

Enjoy your vacation

fayella9

Apr 30, 2016
Meya06 said:
The processing for PRTD, depending on which counties you are applying? In my case, it took only 5 days to get PRTD.

Assuming you are form visa-exempt countries? If so, you can return to Canada with your passport without apply for PRTD, keep in mind, do not tell an airline that you are a permanent resident, if you tell them that, they might not let you boarding or you can travel to the US then drive a car through US-CANADA border.

Note that, new entry requirement is Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Now delay Until September 29, 2016 so you don't need it too.

Enjoy your vacation
Uh I'm not from a visa-exempt country :(( I applied through VFS here in Dubai to the embassy in Abu Dhabi. What is an eTA? I've been seeing it come up but not entirely sure what it is? I plan to enter canada through airline WITH a prtd and landing document. Do I require an eTA?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
In India PRTD takes around one week time through VFS India. You don,t require eTA.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fayella9 said:
Uh I'm not from a visa-exempt country :(( I applied through VFS here in Dubai to the embassy in Abu Dhabi. What is an eTA? I've been seeing it come up but not entirely sure what it is? I plan to enter canada through airline WITH a prtd and landing document. Do I require an eTA?
New entry requirement now in effect: visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Until September 29, 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents(PRTD), so in your case, eTA not required.

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Hi guys, I have two questions regarding travel document:

1. The application asks to to include 2 pieces of supporting documentation of showing that I met the residency obligation. Will a copy of COPR and bank statements suffice as I became PR in June 2016, which is only 2 months ago.

2. If I am a PR for less than 5 years, do I need to include an explanation for humanitarian and compassionate grounds on field 19?

Thanks in advance for answering.

ikhan2016

Nov 13, 2016
Hi...

came across your post as a new PR. I believe i also face a similar scenario as yours. Did you apply for the PR Travel Document from Dubai? if so, can you guide me on the process as a new PR status holder? I too got my PR in June and traveled to Canada for a soft landing few months back but returned without my PR card. I am now planning to relocate permanently in few months time and want to apply for the PRTD and want to understand the process and documentation required. Will appreciate if you can assist in this regards.

Regards
I Khan