+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Travel Document Visa from AbuDhabi

myprvisa

Jul 22, 2016
Hello There,
i applied my PR Travel Document Visa from Qatar in 4th May its almost 3 month now they hold my passport for visa, I'm checking my tracking its still under-process...
can anyone tell me what should I do tried to call VSF but they dont have any information. they told me it will take 3 TO 4 week but its 11 weeks now but still have no information. I also emailed them but no response. how can i contact to the embassy in AbuDhabi...? im living in Qatar with my Canadian husband with three Canadian kids. need to renew my PR Card.
im completely stuck in Qatar with my 3 kids cant travel anywhere because i dont have my passport. its been really frustrating. kids whole vacation plans destroyed....

Appreciate your help.

ana-1970

Jan 21, 2015
I have the same situation. applied for PRTD on May 12, 2016 from Muscat office and my application was sent to Abu Dhabi. The visa office in Muscat did not collect my passport with the application and told me they will submit passport for visa stamping once the PRTD approved in 10 to 30 days as expected ! I sent many emails requesting update on my application with no response. it is very weird!

I am living with my Canadian Husband in Oman and has no issue with residency obligation. Applied for PR renewal last summer; my application was approved and got email from CIC office to collect my PR in person. it is so frustrating as we had to cancel already booked family tickets to Canada because of the delay and now waiting with no clue when we can get the PRTD.

please keep me updated with the progress of your application as it seems the delay is for applications sent to Abu Dhabi office.

myprvisa

Jul 22, 2016
That's really good they didn't hold your passport for visa so you can make your other travel plan I'm totally stuck in Qatar with 3 kids can go anywhere without passport....
And please you also update me with your process.

And how long it take with your PR process in Canada because I've to go to apply mine.....

ana-1970

Jan 21, 2015
PR renewal depends on the time of application. if you apply in busy months (May to September), expect 6 months at least. if you apply in December or January, you may get it in 2 months. My application was sent in August 2015, processing started January 2016 and application approved March 2013 and request to collect PR received in April 2016 (residency questionnaire was requested in February 2016).

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
How long did You stay in Canada? In India they issue PRTD in 2 weeks?

ana-1970

Jan 21, 2015
for me the time spent in Canada is not an issue as I l live with my Canadian husband outside Canada and the days spent with Canadian spouse outside Canada are considered days in Canada

myprvisa

Jul 22, 2016
ana-1970 said:
PR renewal depends on the time of application. if you apply in busy months (May to September), expect 6 months at least. if you apply in December or January, you may get it in 2 months. My application was sent in August 2015, processing started January 2016 and application approved March 2013 and request to collect PR received in April 2016 (residency questionnaire was requested in February 2016).
Did you enter in Canada to renew your PR....?

ana-1970

Jan 21, 2015
yes I was in Canada when I submitted PR renewal application. you have to be in Canada at the time you send PR renewal and to have address in Canada. in case you are not permanently living in Canada, CIC will request in person collection of PR card and might send you residency questionnaire

myprvisa

Jul 22, 2016
I applied my PR in November they didn't open my file till March they return my file for some more prove document we did and then again send back after one month for new pictures so it's still on process then we decided to go again to submit new file again.... it's been frustrating since year....

ana-1970

Jan 21, 2015
Almost same happened in my case. Early February CIC sent me residency questionnaire which I submitted right away then again in early March they requested a new photo. almost 2 months after receiving the new photo they sent letter to collect the PR from local office in Toronto. for your case, I think it is better to keep your original application as submitting a new application without withdrawing the first one may complicate your case.

myprvisa

Jul 22, 2016
How did you send new photo... you go to canada for new pictures.? Or mailed them from Oman.... did they accept your pictures from Oman...? Because my husband told me pictures must be taken from Canada for PR... please tell me my file has back for pic in April and since waiting for my visa if I can send from Qatar it can be easy for me

ana-1970

Jan 21, 2015
absolutely no issue of sending the photo from Qatar. I did this and the photographer stamped the photo with his address, I mailed the photo to the address mentioned in the letter and was accepted and got letter 2 month after to collect the PR. Nothing in CIC regulations says the photo should be taken in Canada. Only, application should be originated from Canada meaning that applicant must be in Canada when submitting the renewal application. in my case, CIC did not return the full application they only sent me a letter to submit a new photo.

myprvisa

Jul 22, 2016
Hi they dispatch my passport from Abu Dhabi, but not in Qatar yet... I called them they said check may be they will receive today.
So hopefully you will get yours next week...

ana-1970

Jan 21, 2015
Congratulations! hope you receive it soon. in my case, I did not submit the passport with application so I am waiting for passport request.