+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Travel Document - Closed VAC

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi all. Wondering if anyone has any experience or helpful insight on this. A family member who is a Canadian PR works outside of Canada for a portion of the year and was out of the country when the whole virus situation started. Unfortunately, things were made worse because he lost his wallet with his PR card. He's been trying to get back to Canada for over a month now but the embassy, consulate and VACs are all closed. He contacted the consulate by email, they told him to contact IRCC through web form, who in turn just told him to apply at the VAC, even though he said it's closed. Any advice?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
same situation here more or less. I would be interested to know what happens for your family member. I wonder would I be able to cross over by road?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
same situation here more or less. I would be interested to know what happens for your family member. I wonder would I be able to cross over by road?
If you can show your PR status to CBSA, yes, you can enter at a land border. Do you meet the RO?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
If you can show your PR status to CBSA, yes, you can enter at a land border. Do you meet the RO?
I do. It would just mean flying to the States and hiring a car to cross over - or would it be possible for someone to bring my car over and leave it there so I could isolate for the journey and the following two weeks?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I do. It would just mean flying to the States and hiring a car to cross over - or would it be possible for someone to bring my car over and leave it there so I could isolate for the journey and the following two weeks?
No one can bring your car over the border for you. That is non-essential travel and not allowed. You need to make your own way over.

Another quick question! How would I show that I have the residency requirements met? Thank You!
I don't know how you have met the requirement, so can't answer that.