+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR timeline for Refugees

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Hi everyone,

Needed some help guessing how long my process will take.

I submitted my PR application for protected person in Canada near the end of January 2019. On March 28th, I recieved acknowledgement that my file has been recieved. Online update shows that fingerprints are not needed again, medical has been recieved as well and no interview or further document is needed.

It now just says. File in process. How long do you think, before an approval?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Likely around 2 years from the time you submitted the application. If you have more questions - recommend you ask in the refugee section of the forum.

Reactions: Buletruck

Smithlee9019

Apr 2, 2019
I have been protected person as well just last week with family. Can u tell me please step by step how to apply PR application. I will be highly appreciate thanks in advance.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

I submitted my PR application for protected person in Canada near the end of January 2019. On March 28th, I recieved acknowledgement that my file has been recieved. Online update shows that fingerprints are not needed again, medical has been recieved as well and no interview or further document is needed.

As I knows and saw people now the process time is one year.

Reactions: himankkohli6

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi everyone, can someone tell me when it is likely for the Immigration to conctat me. I have received a final letter stating that my application is compete, that I will be contacted for interview ahortly. Here is my timeline

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 2, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 12, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on July 27, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on April 8, 2019 about the decision on your application.

Jyromaxwell

Mar 29, 2018
I have been protected person as well just last week with family. Can u tell me please step by step how to apply PR application. I will be highly appreciate thanks in advance.
Congratulations. Which province were you granted a protected person. If it is Quebec,then you can follow these steps:
1. Apply for CSQ(Quebec selection certificate )
2. Apply for Canada Child benefit
3.apply fit Quebec family assistance
4. Pick up the PR forms(schedule A, generic application form for Canada, schedule 14, additional family information), fill and submit them upon payment of $550 per adult and $150 per kid. Payment is made online.

You can schedule an appointment via a call(514 932 2953) to Centre social d'aide aux immigrants(CSAI) .they are locate at 6201, Laurendeau, Montréal QC H4E 3X8. www.centrecsai.org. Opening hours are 8:30am to 12noon and 1pm to 4pm. They will assist you with all the processes including getting the forms there.

Like I said earlier this information is peculiar to Quebec, though might not be too different with other provinces.

Cheers.

Asgharkhan

Nov 26, 2019
I m a protected refugee person and my family is living out side canada and I submitted generic application including independent on 16th sept 2019 and yet I didn't receive any information someone can tell me how long will it take time

Reactions: Marsali

IcloudUser1985

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hi All

I recently received positive decesion on my refugee claim, how long till i get my PR card now? anyoone knows?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All

I recently received positive decesion on my refugee claim, how long till i get my PR card now? anyoone knows?
You still have to apply for PR after tou get tour NOD. Believe it takes around 1.5 years these days to get approved. There is a thread for thoae waiting

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

Have you recieved your pr please share your timeline as well and have you submitted your kids application for pr along with you please tell me it would be greatful of you

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Have you receievd your pr and you applied your pr application along with your kids application who are in your home country please share yr timeline

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi everyone, can someone tell me when it is likely for the Immigration to conctat me. I have received a final letter stating that my application is compete, that I will be contacted for interview ahortly. Here is my timeline

Permanent Residence
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on July 27, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on April 8, 2019 about the decision on your application.
Have you receievd your pr and you applied your pr application along with your kids application who are in your home country please share yr timeline

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I m a protected refugee person and my family is living out side canada and I submitted generic application including independent on 16th sept 2019 and yet I didn't receive any information someone can tell me how long will it take time

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Pls tell me i applied for pr in Canada as a protected person along with mu dependents can you tell me how much time it will take i submitted the application 1 week ago and also pls everyone share yr timelines it would be greatful

2. Will i get the pr first then my dependents will get or they will get along with me

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023

Permanent Residence
I won’t take more than 2 months