+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR success email but no update on account

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

I received this email last night:
"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa." etc.

The email came from<IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> and has my correct UCI number and there are no funny links or dodgy asks.

However, two unusual things:
1. On my CIC account, there is no update. No messages, and the status says 'updated' but nothing about PR success.
2. The email came to my other address which I am not even sure I ever shared with CIC and can't see it as my contact email on my CIC account - also never used this to contact them. So quite odd.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

nbt11

Star Member
May 24, 2017
India
Hi,

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa." etc.

The email came from<IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> and has my correct UCI number and there are no funny links or dodgy asks.

1. On my CIC account, there is no update. No messages, and the status says 'updated' but nothing about PR success.
2. The email came to my other address which I am not even sure I ever shared with CIC and can't see it as my contact email on my CIC account - also never used this to contact them. So quite odd.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
What steps did they ask you for? Are you sure its not additional document request?
Are you sure about your email address? Like have you mentioned it in the home page of the portal for notifications etc.?
EDIT : Are you sure it's not PPR?

Reactions: right_gear

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hi,

Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Are there any more contents in the email? like where to ship your passport?

abasoufiane

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
This is ppr, your account will get updated once you'll get visa stamped from the embassy, that's how it works for 90% of cases.

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
right_gear

this is exactly a PPR email...

Once the background check changes to In Progress (2), a PPR email is triggered to your email account. No changes will be seen in your PR profile.

But i see that it is indeed unusual that it is sent to your other email address?

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
right_gear

Once the background check changes to In Progress (2), a PPR email is triggered to your email account. No changes will be seen in your PR profile.

But i see that it is indeed unusual that it is sent to your other email address?
Thank you guys. This is great to hear - cause for celebration!

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
right_gear

By the way, the background check line in my profile still says: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." and NOT "In progress (2)"

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
By the way, the background check line in my profile still says: "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." and NOT "In progress (2)"
well once you got a PPR email, the background status check is not really important anymore!

anyways,when do you plan to fly to Canada?

Reactions: lossada

right_gear

Jul 9, 2017
well once you got a PPR email, the background status check is not really important anymore!

anyways,when do you plan to fly to Canada?
Thanks. Well, that's a question I don't know the answer to :) Lets see how soon I can convince my family to come out of their comfort zone and how soon I can find a decent job!

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
Is PPR considered as guaranteed PR?
Yes it is,
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa.

trivvoxx

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Thanks. Well, that's a question I don't know the answer to :) Lets see how soon I can convince my family to come out of their comfort zone and how soon I can find a decent job!

What is your job code?

Well there is a lot of resources online to assist you in your job hunting :)
Also, it is safer if you can secure a job offer rather than flying to canada without one :)

Here is a link to assist you on job hunt in Canada for foreigners.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-hard-to-find-a-job-in-Canada-for-a-foreigner