+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR stuck since Nov-2019. Further options!!!

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I submitted my PR on Nov 2019 and still awaiting for the decision. Me & my wife both are in Canada. I have started evaluating other options now.

I am a primary applicant and my wife is added as a dependent. She moved to Canada on Feb -2021 on OWP and currently doing a job as well.

I believe all the inland applicants are getting PRs but now since my wife is in Canada, not sure why we are still did not get it. I have updated her residential address to the Canadian once since 02 months ago.

For next options, can she apply her own PR at this stage? For this, would I need to remove her from my application? Is this a wise decision to follow? What else we can do to get over with the PR?

Thanks.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I submitted my PR on Nov 2019 and still awaiting for the decision. Me & my wife both are in Canada. I have started evaluating other options now.

I am a primary applicant and my wife is added as a dependent. She moved to Canada on Feb -2021 on OWP and currently doing a job as well.

I believe all the inland applicants are getting PRs but now since my wife is in Canada, not sure why we are still did not get it. I have updated her residential address to the Canadian once since 02 months ago.

For next options, can she apply her own PR at this stage? For this, would I need to remove her from my application? Is this a wise decision to follow? What else we can do to get over with the PR?

Thanks.
Not sure if this is connected to you, but i came across this article yesterday

Canada put their immigration applications on hold for having dependents overseas. IRCC has frozen some applications of CEC and PNP applicants who are in Canada but have spouses and children overseas.
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/06/canada-put-their-immigration-applications-on-hold-for-having-dependents-overseas-0618078.html#gs.2w86x0

Humaira umer

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Not sure if this is connected to you, but i came across this article yesterday

Canada put their immigration applications on hold for having dependents overseas. IRCC has frozen some applications of CEC and PNP applicants who are in Canada but have spouses and children overseas.
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/06/canada-put-their-immigration-applications-on-hold-for-having-dependents-overseas-0618078.html#gs.2w86x0
Yes i read that but my wife came over to Canada in Feb-2021.

falcons_Lions

Oct 29, 2015

Thanks.
I wouldn't withdraw her from your application. You need to wait. Try contacting your MPP with your case. They tend to help to give a good follow-up on the matter.