+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR stream and future spouse PR scenario

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Good day folks! If someone could advise me in my situation, I would really appreciate it. I came to Canada in dec 2019 for 1 year of study of Post Graduate Business Management Certificate with my Work permit expiring on March 2022. I started working for the Government of Saskatchewan from May 2021 as an assistant. My e,ployer wants to support in immigration. Could you advise me the best stream to apply under and I will get married in May 2022 in India, so whats' the best scenario my spouse also gets the PR with me? Please advise and thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day folks! If someone could advise me in my situation, I would really appreciate it. I came to Canada in dec 2019 for 1 year of study of Post Graduate Business Management Certificate with my Work permit expiring on March 2022. I started working for the Government of Saskatchewan from May 2021 as an assistant. My e,ployer wants to support in immigration. Could you advise me the best stream to apply under and I will get married in May 2022 in India, so whats' the best scenario my spouse also gets the PR with me? Please advise and thank you!
CEC is not an option for you since you won't have a year of work experience in Canada before your PGWP expires.

How many points do you have under Express Entry / FSW?

Look into the SINP programs. This is probably your best bet. https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program

Is your employer willing to get an approved LMIA so that you can extend your work permit?

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Thanks for your response :)

My employer is Government of Saskatchewan. LMIA is not an easy option. They probably won't do it.
I have checked the link as well. For SINP, under student category, there is an option. But my concern again is that , "What is the best scenario to get married and have my spouse come with me here?"

Please advise

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response :)

My employer is Government of Saskatchewan. LMIA is not an easy option. They probably won't do it.
I have checked the link as well. For SINP, under student category, there is an option. But my concern again is that , "What is the best scenario to get married and have my spouse come with me here?"

Please advise
I would focus on how you are going to apply for PR given your PGWP is only valid until March. That should be your top priority.

In terms of your spouse, once you are married, you can add your spouse to any ongoing PR application. This is easy. Again, focus on figuring out how you are going to apply for PR. You are short on time.

Reactions: ansh23

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Thank you again for your response.

I am thinking to apply under SINP program for the category 'Worker with Saskatchewan Experience' under "Students" as I have got education and job in the province and my employer would support in this one.

I was only worried about the lengthy process of this program and wondering if we have any other program.

Once I apply under this program I will automatically get my work permit extended for at least 1 year and then I will apply in Federal .... that's my primary concern, would the change in my marital status after applying in Federal affect in obtaining my PR along with my future spouse?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Once I apply under this program I will automatically get my work permit extended for at least 1 year and then I will apply in Federal .... that's my primary concern, would the change in my marital status after applying in Federal affect in obtaining my PR along with my future spouse?
If you have an ongoing app in the SINP, why would you change it to apply in federal?

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
If you have an ongoing app in the SINP, why would you change it to apply in federal?
Well, if I am not wrong that's how the process is !!

We apply for SINP, we get nominated ( the nomination letter) and then we have 6 months to apply in Federal for PR

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well, if I am not wrong that's how the process is !!

We apply for SINP, we get nominated ( the nomination letter) and then we have 6 months to apply in Federal for PR
Ah, I see, my mistake in reading your comment. That may be the case, I thought you were saying you had to change (i.e. withdraw) the provincial app and then apply anew under a different federal program. I now see what you mean.

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
Ah, I see, my mistake in reading your comment. That may be the case, I thought you were saying you had to change (i.e. withdraw) the provincial app and then apply anew under a different federal program. I now see what you mean.
No problem ... but my questions remains the same , " would the change in my marital status after applying in Federal affect in obtaining my PR along with my future spouse? "

Or what's the best scenario to get my spouse (from a different country) here after I get married on implied status ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No problem ... but my questions remains the same , " would the change in my marital status after applying in Federal affect in obtaining my PR along with my future spouse? "

Or what's the best scenario to get my spouse (from a different country) here after I get married on implied status ?
I'm not sure what you mean by "get married on implied status".

The fastest way to get your spouse to Canada after marriage is either to apply for a TRV or a Spousal Open Work Permit after you get married.

If you have an ongoing PR application, then you would simply notify IRCC that you have gotten married and add your spouse to your PR application. However adding your spouse to your PR application won't allow your spouse to come to Canada immediately while the PR application is being processed. To come soon after marriage, your spouse would need to get either a TRV or SOWP approved.

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
I'm not sure what you mean by "get married on implied status".

The fastest way to get your spouse to Canada after marriage is either to apply for a TRV or a Spousal Open Work Permit after you get married.

If you have an ongoing PR application, then you would simply notify IRCC that you have gotten married and add your spouse to your PR application. However adding your spouse to your PR application won't allow your spouse to come to Canada immediately while the PR application is being processed. To come soon after marriage, your spouse would need to get either a TRV or SOWP approved.

Last edited:

ansh23

Nov 22, 2021
My employer helped in my Nominated, I have got the nomination letter, and I have applied for the extension of Work Permit and I will soon apply for PR ....Applying online would work ? Any idea about the wait time?