+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR STATUS

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi! So I am a permanent resident of Canada since 2014. I lived there for 4 years and decided to go back in the Philippines last 2018 to finish my college. I will be graduating on 2022. I am worried because since 2018, I only went back to canada once a year. And it says that in order for me to remain my status, I have to be in Canada for 730 days
Will I lose my status?

So technically I wont be able to fulfill that 730 days in that 5 rolling years. Will I still be able to go back in Canada without losing my residency status? Are they not going to let me fly to the borders of Canada?

• Love
Reactions: Miss bee

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi! So I am a permanent resident of Canada since 2014. I lived there for 4 years and decided to go back in the Philippines last 2018 to finish my college. I will be graduating on 2022. I am worried because since 2018, I only went back to canada once a year. And it says that in order for me to remain my status, I have to be in Canada for 730 days
Will I lose my status?

So technically I wont be able to fulfill that 730 days in that 5 rolling years. Will I still be able to go back in Canada without losing my residency status? Are they not going to let me fly to the borders of Canada?
You need a valid PR card to fly to Canada. Your other option is to fly to the US and enter by land. When entering, you can be reported by CBSA for failing to meet the RO, resulting in loss of status. Your chances of being reported are higher if you don't have a valid PR card. You should have applied for Canadian citizenship.

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
You need a valid PR card to fly to Canada. Your other option is to fly to the US and enter by land. When entering, you can be reported by CBSA for failing to meet the RO, resulting in loss of status. Your chances of being reported are higher if you don't have a valid PR card. You should have applied for Canadian citizenship.
my pr card will expire on 2024. I will be going back on 2022. But still i wont be able tocomplete that 730 days requirement. Will i still be able toenter canada??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
my pr card will expire on 2024. I will be going back on 2022. But still i wont be able tocomplete that 730 days requirement. Will i still be able toenter canada??
You will be able to enter but as I said, can be reported for failing to meet the RO.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Will I lose my status?

you should have asked the citizenship,,, now don't cry,,,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have been asked these questions a few times in the past. The answer hasn’t changed.