+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr status

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Thats the point but first if all I am really worried about my citizendhip. Coz I have already spent 17 months here. 18 months mire to apply for citizenship.
But because I did a mistake will there be a problem for my citizendhip. What are the chances of that.
And what should I do?
What if I wdited for
Nobody can say for sure.

You committed misrepresentation on landing. Any dealing you have with IRCC, they may investigate, decide that because you landed as single when you were actually married, your landing was invalid.

Considering that IRCC have already looked at this, when you filed the spousal application, and that's the only reason it was refused, that was the most likely time to go after you - it was right in the spotlight. So you'll probably be safer applying for citizenship than you were applying to illegally bring over your undeclared husband. But no guarantees.

Mitmit

Sep 27, 2017
Hlo guya
My husband received an interview call from ircc new delhi for PR but my status was showkng decision made. Now will it be a problem or it is a good news.
The interview is on 22 nov and what all are the questions they will ask.

Mitmit

Mitmit

Sep 27, 2017
Hlo guya
My husband received an interview call from ircc new delhi for PR but my status was showkng decision made. Now will it be a problem or it is a good news.

Mitmit

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hlo guya

Mitmit
What are you talking about? You already previously stated you had applied for your spouse's PR, and it was rightfully refused since you committed misrepresentation by not declaring him in your own PR app.
Are you saying you submitted a 2nd PR app for him?

Mitmit

Sep 27, 2017
What are you talking about? You already previously stated you had applied for your spouse's PR, and it was rightfully refused since you committed misrepresentation by not declaring him in your own PR app.
Are you saying you submitted a 2nd PR app for him?
No I did not submitted any second application. Actually my status was showing decision made. And the letter which I received stated that the file is moved to local ambessy znd the status stated that decision made.so I thought that the file is declined.
But now what to do. He got an interview call from Canadian High Commission New Delhi. Ciz he lives in Delhi India.
Are there any chances for him to get PR
Now what to do. Please guide

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
No I did not submitted any second application. Actually my status was showing decision made. And the letter which I received stated that the file is moved to local ambessy znd the status stated that decision made.so I thought that the file is declined.
But now what to do. He got an interview call from Canadian High Commission New Delhi. Ciz he lives in Delhi India.
A month ago you said " I filed my spouce file for sponsorship but thr file was rejected stating that at the time of landing my staus was single."

Now you say
"the status stated that decision made.so I thought that the file is declined."

It is not possible to help you if you post false information. If you want help, say what actually happened. Tell the complete story from the start. If you do not, people cannot guess at what you are leaving out.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Who knows. Perhaps they just want to confirm the marriage date.
Since you committed misrepresentation your spouse can never be sponsored, so I highly doubt there is any chance for him to get PR through you. Hopefully they do not pursue a misrepresentation charge against you and look to revoke your own PR status.

Mitmit

Sep 27, 2017
hi everyone,

As I stated earlier that my husband got an interview call from the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi, the interview was on 22 of November and the interview went well, the interviewer was satisfied with our relation, and said that she will send her 80% recommendation to the higher authorities, but due to the misrepresentation that was not in her hands. she took the police clearance and kept some photographs.
Further she said if it was in her hand she would have given the approval immediately.
She also said that on humanitarian grounds they may look for the case.
As we already waited for 13 years to get married.
Now what next how much time will it take.
Is there any hope that he will get the approval. please reply

Thanks

masudrabby

Sep 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Refused
LANDED..........
ALLAHU AKBAR
Please let us know if every thing is OK. Wish you all the best.

Mitmit

Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply. any body please help me regarding my situation.

If my husband will get the PR. How much time will they take for the same.

As the file is at New Delhi, will the Canadian High Commission at New Delhi will take the decision.

Can they question my PR status.
I am not able see the status of my file online at cic site.
I my file closed, then why they called him for the interview
VEEeeeeeeery confused about the situation

thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hi everyone,

As I stated earlier that my husband got an interview call from the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi, the interview was on 22 of November and the interview went well, the interviewer was satisfied with our relation, and said that she will send her 80% recommendation to the higher authorities, but due to the misrepresentation that was not in her hands. she took the police clearance and kept some photographs.
Further she said if it was in her hand she would have given the approval immediately.
She also said that on humanitarian grounds they may look for the case.
As we already waited for 13 years to get married.
Now what next how much time will it take.
Is there any hope that he will get the approval. please reply

Thanks
Nobody here knows. You will need to wait until they reach a final decision.

I'm shocked the visa officer even went ahead with the interview. In these cases the relationship itself is usually irrelevant, since the misrepresentation of not declaring spouse, makes them ineligible to be sponsored anyways. Usually the visa officer sees this, and simply rejects the application. The fact your visa officer seems to be pushing for your approval, is a positive but not sure if they have authority to simply overlook the rules like that.

Also I don't see any Humanitarian/Compassionate aspects to your case, as there is no danger to life, best interest of child, etc etc should your spouse be denied his PR status.

My guess is there is no way the application can be approved due to the non-declaration and will end in rejection. But this is just my guess, you need to wait for the final determination letter from IRCC.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a typical case of "did not know the rules" but that doesn't help you either. Many people have been in the same situation.

For anybody else, if you are applying for PR and are about to get married, you have two options.

1) Getting married before you land: You notify the visa office to put a hold on your PR application because you are getting married and want to add your spouse. If you already got your PR visa issued as a single, you mail it back to the visa office at the same time. You get married. You go through the application forms and re-do all forms that include your spouse. You send the new forms in and wait for the visa office to issue a PR visa for you both. Once you both have a PR visa, you can land together.

or

2) Landing before you get married: You have your PR visa as a single person. You go and land in Canada, still as a single person. After landing, you get married. This may involve going back to your home country if your spouse doesn't have a visa to visit Canada. You then sponsor your spouse for PR. As a PR, you must be living in Canada in order to do that.

By landing as a single person after you got married, immigration considers you to have committed a type of fraud against immigration. You landed basically lying about still being single while you were really already married. Because of that, the rules state that they will never let you sponsor your husband. As for having lied, that could cause them to revoke your PR too. Sometimes they do that but not always. You'll have to wait and see what happens.

Mitmit

Sep 27, 2017
Hlo everyone,

My husband got his medical, he already had his medical examination and the status of his application is showing that Medical results have been received.
Hope will soon get the passport request.

After the interview which was held on 22 November he got a call for the Canadaian High Commission New Delhi on 30 of November that your case is approved. and you need to got further for the medical examination.
Now waiting for the Passport request.

Thanks everyone for your HELP.
Hope now everything will be fine.