+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR status requirement on number of days stay in Canada....

ryan007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I had visited Canada this year in April-May and returned back to Dubai to continue with my job. While in Dubai, I pursued further the PEO-Licensing process by sitting for the PPExamination on August 11th this year at the British Council. I am expecting the results (POSITIVE) to be posted on the 10th of this month.
I would then be granted a "Provisional License" status and would have to gain a years Canadian work experience in my regulated profession under a licensed Engineer.My PR Card validity is till 11th April 2013. I have been travelling in and out of Canada since landing in October 2008, though my wife and son stayed back and have applied for Citizenship quiete recently, having completed the minimum number of days needed for Citizenship.I have been filing/paying my taxes for the years 2008-2011 i.e. since my first entry into Canada in 2008. The most important/paramont motivation for me not to stay in Canada were the illhealth of my aging parents, dad was suffering from Dementia and passed away in 2010 and mom is in 4th stage of cancer and things donot look good enough for her to pull on for long with the condition of her deteriorating health. In early 2013 i.e. April , I would be ending my employment in Dubai and winding off for good,after which I intent to take my final flight into Canada. I had kept the Canadian Embassy in the UAE informed of my predicaments and did explain the same to the Immigration Officer in my most recent visit to my wife and son in April-May this year.It is just, off late there have been a number of articles on PR status being revoked or considered for being revoked of "non resident permanent residents" which has me worried....Would appreciate any words of advice/guidance from anyone....

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry. If you lose your PR status, you can always have your wife sponsor you for PR. Relax. Spend more valuable time with your mom..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's right. Don't worry. You can either claim H&C reasons because you were taking care of your sick parents. Get medical reports. If you still lose your PR, your wife can sponsor you again.

ryan007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks Steaky/Leon,for your responses.....will I be needing to submit the reports at the time of application for renewal i.e. Oct 2013 or should I carry it each time I enter into Canada for.e.g. this Christmas and eventually for good in April 2013 ??? Thanks again for your opinions....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ryan007 said:
Thanks Steaky/Leon,for your responses.....will I be needing to submit the reports at the time of application for renewal i.e. Oct 2013 or should I carry it each time I enter into Canada for.e.g. this Christmas and eventually for good in April 2013 ??? Thanks again for your opinions....
You need to submit them for your renewal. You do not have to carry them with you wheever you go. If you have a problem at the border, just tell them you do have good reasons, your mom is sick and that you will prove that to immigration when you renew. That will be enough.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi ryan007,

Nice to meet you and interesting about your NPPE Exam, you took at British Council at Dubai.

(i) I am now planning to take NPPE exam with APEGBC at Singapore. Please let me know how do you make arrangement with PEO for NPPE exam taking at Btitish Council at Dubai? Need any P.Eng from Canada or USA to assist you?

(ii) Please share with me if you have study materials or old Q & A for NPPE from APEGA and please send it to my email , myatts1980@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Myat

ryan007 said:
Hello Everyone,
I had visited Canada this year in April-May and returned back to Dubai to continue with my job. While in Dubai, I pursued further the PEO-Licensing process by sitting for the PPExamination on August 11th this year at the British Council. I am expecting the results (POSITIVE) to be posted on the 10th of this month.
I would then be granted a "Provisional License" status and would have to gain a years Canadian work experience in my regulated profession under a licensed Engineer.My PR Card validity is till 11th April 2013. I have been travelling in and out of Canada since landing in October 2008, though my wife and son stayed back and have applied for Citizenship quiete recently, having completed the minimum number of days needed for Citizenship.I have been filing/paying my taxes for the years 2008-2011 i.e. since my first entry into Canada in 2008. The most important/paramont motivation for me not to stay in Canada were the illhealth of my aging parents, dad was suffering from Dementia and passed away in 2010 and mom is in 4th stage of cancer and things donot look good enough for her to pull on for long with the condition of her deteriorating health. In early 2013 i.e. April , I would be ending my employment in Dubai and winding off for good,after which I intent to take my final flight into Canada. I had kept the Canadian Embassy in the UAE informed of my predicaments and did explain the same to the Immigration Officer in my most recent visit to my wife and son in April-May this year.It is just, off late there have been a number of articles on PR status being revoked or considered for being revoked of "non resident permanent residents" which has me worried....Would appreciate any words of advice/guidance from anyone....