+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR STATUS : "IN PROCESS"

Taro

Apr 9, 2009
Hi,

I am a university student of 19yrs old. I applied for PRC renewal on 2nd March, 2009 along with my parents and siblings. They all have got their PRC renewal Applications approved(according to status on cic website) except me because I was short of 6 months in fulfilling the obligation of 730 days and now when I track my application status on CIC website ,it says "in process" .

I need to know how long further it will take to make a decision about my application or is there any further step i can take because i also need to travel on 5th June, 2009.

Thank you for your attention.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should not have applied if you didn't fill the residency requirements. You should have waited until you did.

Technically, you already lost your PR status the day you didn't meet the residency requirements anymore. By applying for a PR card, you actually brought it to CIC's attention that you had lost your PR status. If you are lucky, they may let you keep it out of the goodness of their hearts but don't expect fast processing, even if you have to travel.

Taro

Apr 9, 2009
Thank you Leon for ur reply.

I recently received a letter from office DMR stating that my application has been referred to Client Service for review which will result in additional delay. It was also mentioned in the letter that "if u require urgent processing due to travel ,you will be required to provide proof of the travel".

Now my query is do I have to fill some form for this or write an application attaching a ticket or ticket's copy with it or what is that can be submitted as proof of travel.