+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Stamp in my passport

Metta0184

Jun 4, 2012
I'm waiting on my PR Card and I have job offer in Toronto where I currently live. I'm an airline pilot in the United States and commute back and forth with my US Passport. In order to start this job I need a Canadian PR card. I went through Customs in Montreal a few weeks ago and explained my situation and the agent put a stamp on the visa page and wrote PR along with his initials.

I was in a rush and forgot to ask if that was good enough while a wait on my PR card.

What you think?

Can I use this stamp while I wait on my PR card while putting a Canadian Address on my customs form.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems you got a standard entry stamp....the PR annotation is for info purposes and will be picked up by the next border agent. No the stamp is not enough you will have to explain your situation at each entry.

Metta0184

Jun 4, 2012
Thanks for the info.

Do you know if there is anyway I can speed up the processing of my PR Card. I'm supposed to start mid February and I need the PR card by then. An MP that I'm talking to said to give him a copy of an offer letter and that could speed up the process. Do you have any experience with that or know anyone who does?

Cheers!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Metta0184 said:
Thanks for the info.

Do you know if there is anyway I can speed up the processing of my PR Card. I'm supposed to start mid February and I need the PR card by then. An MP that I'm talking to said to give him a copy of an offer letter and that could speed up the process. Do you have any experience with that or know anyone who does?

Cheers!
There is no chance that your initial PR card will be quicker than the posted time of 58 days. So count the days from when you "landed' and about 5 for mail to a Canadian address, that is when your Pr card should arrive.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Why won't your job accept a copy of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident form (COPR)? That would establish that you are a permanent resident as much as the card would. Or is it that you need the card to get through customs at the airport?

habartani

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ MSAFIRI

Hi evry 1,
'HELP WILL BE HIGHLY APPRICIATED'
I am so confused, i applied for permanent residency under category Protected Person since:

APRIL /2012 - APPLIED
AUGUST/2012 - APPLICATION RECEIVED.(RECEIVED EMAIL FROM CIC)

Since then i had no news whatsoever.
and whenever i check online service.there's nothing not even application received.
So is it normal for my application status not to appear online even though i've received email regarding my application received. please help.
thankyou.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

habartani said:
@ MSAFIRI

Hi evry 1,
'HELP WILL BE HIGHLY APPRICIATED'
I am so confused, i applied for permanent residency under category Protected Person since:

APRIL /2012 - APPLIED
AUGUST/2012 - APPLICATION RECEIVED.(RECEIVED EMAIL FROM CIC)

Since then i had no news whatsoever.
and whenever i check online service.there's nothing not even application received.
So is it normal for my application status not to appear online even though i've received email regarding my application received. please help.
thankyou.
1. First stage is quoted as 10 months, they are processing applications received in Dec/2011. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
links18 said:
Why won't your job accept a copy of your Confirmation of Permanent Resident form (COPR)? That would establish that you are a permanent resident as much as the card would. Or is it that you need the card to get through customs at the airport?
A PR Card is the only acceptable proof of PR status when travelling by a commercial carrier e.g. planes, trains, greyhound....your COPR is only good at a land border when you are in your private vehicle or on foot....though if anyone travelled by air in their private jet I would love to hear how it went at the airport...e.g. CBSA agent asking "So how much are those gulfstreams nowadays?"

Metta0184

Jun 4, 2012
links18 said:
I'm a pilot and with this new job, I will be traveling back and forth in and out of the country so I need this PR card.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Metta0184 said:
I'm a pilot and with this new job, I will be traveling back and forth in and out of the country so I need this PR card.
If its a PR Card renewal then you can re-apply on an urgent basis giving a flight time out in 3+ weeks...if its an initial PR card then no dice...re-applying may not be faster if you've been waiting for a while

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I think you can request for a special travel document if you are thinking about problem traveling on business. Doesn't that work for you? I see some posts that some countries recognize the CoPR and no problem.

Metta0184

Jun 4, 2012
AnaMaria,

This job offer is for an airline. I will be a airline pilot for a Canadian Airline that requires travel in and out of the country on a regular basis which is everyday I go to work. So a travel document wouldn't work. This is a life long career opportunity that pays really well.

I could lose this opportunity if I don't receive my PR card by March. Do you or anyone else have any advise that can speed up the process?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Metta0184 said:
AnaMaria,

This job offer is for an airline. I will be a airline pilot for a Canadian Airline that requires travel in and out of the country on a regular basis which is everyday I go to work. So a travel document wouldn't work. This is a life long career opportunity that pays really well.

I could lose this opportunity if I don't receive my PR card by March. Do you or anyone else have any advise that can speed up the process?
Look tell us the date you "landed" and as you can't speed up the initial PR card you can check : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp and work out when you will receive your card.