+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR & spousal sponsorship

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello there,

I live outside of Canada but my PR in process with my family (wife and son) inside Canada (required applications done and fees paid for me). My question is that will my PR be finalized with them and go through landing procedure? or i have to go through family sponsorship after their PR is done?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Hemin

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
I'm not sure I follow your question. Are you saying that you applied for PR and included your wife and son as dependents on your application? If so, then I don't think they have to land at the same time as you, but they will have to land at some point if you listed them as accompanying. What status do your wife and son have in Canada? If she's on your PR application then there won't be any need to sponsor once you land.

hemin979

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Thanks for the follow up. actually they have legal status "protected". My wife is the applicant and she included me in their applications. As i said even they paid my app fees as well. my concern was that when will i get my landing papers? once the decision is made on our PR or i should go through a different sponsorship processing afterwords? thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the follow up. actually they have legal status "protected". My wife is the applicant and she included me in their applications. As i said even they paid my app fees as well. my concern was that when will i get my landing papers? once the decision is made on our PR or i should go through a different sponsorship processing afterwords? thank you
You need to post your question in the Refugee / Asylum section of the forum. The process is different for applications in this stream vs. normal family sponsorship.