+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR sponsorship for child in Quebec- need help.

ram419

Oct 20, 2021
We want to sponsor our son’s PR and we are in Montreal, QC. We have got PR ( express entry).Can someone guide us about the process - we are not able to figure out which forms need to filled and when? I checked the checklist but it is not clear. For instance - “Generic application form” (form 0008) asks for a Quebec selection certificate or the date when we applied? When i checked the Quebec immigration website they are saying that once IRCC approves the first step then start next step ( this includes Quebec selection certificate). Any help will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We want to sponsor our son’s PR and we are in Montreal, QC. We have got PR ( express entry).Can someone guide us about the process - we are not able to figure out which forms need to filled and when? I checked the checklist but it is not clear. For instance - “Generic application form” (form 0008) asks for a Quebec selection certificate or the date when we applied? When i checked the Quebec immigration website they are saying that once IRCC approves the first step then start next step ( this includes Quebec selection certificate). Any help will be highly appreciated.
Was he included as non-accompanying in your express entry? Is he under 22?

ram419

Oct 20, 2021
Hi are you asking for COPR date or when we got PR card ? Anyway it was between july - Oct 2019. i think are compliant with RO as we will be able to stay for 2 year by end of 2024.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi are you asking for COPR date or when we got PR card ? Anyway it was between july - Oct 2019. i think are compliant with RO as we will be able to stay for 2 year by end of 2024.
When did you land in Canada? You must be able to meet the 2 years 5 years from the date you landed. So you left Canada to have a child and returned without them? You will need to apply for dependent sponsorship and also CSQ. Would post under Quebec immigration where people have more experience with Quebec sponsorship

ram419

Oct 20, 2021
When did you land in Canada? You must be able to meet the 2 years 5 years from the date you landed. So you left Canada to have a child and returned without them? You will need to apply for dependent sponsorship and also CSQ. Would post under Quebec immigration where people have more experience with Quebec sponsorship
Thanks Canuck78. We just did soft landing in July. I am aware of that i need to apply to IRCC and Quebec but i am not sure about what forms to apply when ? if someone can send me forms which needs to be submitted to IRCC , Quebec and the order that will be helpful.