+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR sponsorship application does'nt require extra proof of marriages that are longer than 3 years

Pilkela

Sep 10, 2019
Hey All,

We are preparing our PR spousal sponsorship application in Canada Class.

The guide mentions that if you have been married more than three years the applicants don't need to fill some of the details of their relationship in the form. Or was it if you are married more than five years? Sorry I don't have the guide at hand on the moment... Anyway, I've been married with my Canadian husband since march 2013 and our relationship is definitely genuine. We have two finnish-canadian kids and lots of proof of living, working and spending quality time together.

My question is: Even if it's not required, should we submit extra proof of our relationship, like photos, newspaper articles on our mutual work projects, flights, co-habiting contracts from Finland, facebook statuses of babies births? What have you done one if you have been married more than 3-5 years?

We've been living in Finland since 2013, but we are now here. I'm under visitor status. Hubby has been working since May 2019 and he has gotten a good permanent job offer. This made us decide to settle here and go for the inland application.

Thanks for your time!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hey All,

The guide mentions that if you have been married more than three years the applicants don't need to fill some of the details of their relationship in the form. Or was it if you are married more than five years? Sorry I don't have the guide at hand on the moment... Anyway, I've been married with my Canadian husband since march 2013 and our relationship is definitely genuine. We have two finnish-canadian kids and lots of proof of living, working and spending quality time together.

My question is: Even if it's not required, should we submit extra proof of our relationship, like photos, newspaper articles on our mutual work projects, flights, co-habiting contracts from Finland, facebook statuses of babies births? What have you done one if you have been married more than 3-5 years?

We've been living in Finland since 2013, but we are now here. I'm under visitor status. Hubby has been working since May 2019 and he has gotten a good permanent job offer. This made us decide to settle here and go for the inland application.

Thanks for your time!

No, only send what they ask for. You will have no problems at all.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey All,

Thanks for your time!
Follow the checklist. They don't want the extra stuff.

Pilkela

Sep 10, 2019
Great, thanks, that's what I thought so, too. That being said, I've read in many places that if they don't require something it doesn't mean that you shouldn't provide it, for example a cover letter. So I'm now trying to figure out the "unspoken" rules before sending in the papers :)

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Great, thanks, that's what I thought so, too. That being said, I've read in many places that if they don't require something it doesn't mean that you shouldn't provide it, for example a cover letter. So I'm now trying to figure out the "unspoken" rules before sending in the papers :)
No 'unspoken rules'. Everything is as clear as tgey can make it in the onlibe help file, including order or papers eyc. Definitely NO covering letter required!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is no real benefit that you will gain from moving from Finland to Canada so you are a very low concern application plus you have 2 children and seem to have been living together during your marriage and perhaps before. Low risk application. You may get processed closer to the 6-8 month mark.

Pilkela

Sep 10, 2019
There is no real benefit that you will gain from moving from Finland to Canada so you are a very low concern application plus you have 2 children and seem to have been living together during your marriage and perhaps before. Low risk application. You may get processed closer to the 6-8 month mark.
Thank you for the assurance! Yes I guess I knew that our application is pretty sure deal, just got a little terrified by making any mistakes. The only thing is that we haven't made much money in the past as student/workers, but now my (canadian) husband has a good permanent job here and he can easily provide for all of us until I start working myself. I hope it is enough for him to be qualified as a sponsor.

Cheers.

Pilkela

Sep 10, 2019
Thank you for the assurance! Yes I guess I knew that our application is pretty sure deal. The only thing is that we haven't made much money in the past as student/workers, but now my (canadian) husband has a good permanent job here and he can easily provide for all of us until I start working myself. I hope it is enough for him to be qualified as a sponsor.

Cheers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the assurance! Yes I guess I knew that our application is pretty sure deal. The only thing is that we haven't made much money in the past as student/workers, but now my (canadian) husband has a good permanent job here and he can easily provide for all of us until I start working myself. I hope it is enough for him to be qualified as a sponsor.

Cheers.
As long as he can provide for his family while and has a bit of savings he should be fine. If it is a problem perhaps he has a Canadian family member willing to agree to help you financially if needed and provide ther financial records. If there are any concerns you will be contacted. Given that he is employed is a very good step.

Pilkela

Sep 10, 2019
Ok, thanks for the tip. We'll make sure that he will have some savings under his name upon the application. We are fortunate that he/we have family members willing and able to help.