+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR RO question Torontotower

Torontotower

Mar 16, 2019
Hello,

Firstly thank you all for the relevant information.

I will be applying to renew my PR soon. Based on the insights from this forum, I have managed to calculate the number of days I have stayed in Canada as below:
1. 797 in case working for a Canadian business abroad is counted (trade shows and events).
2. 771 in case working for a Canadian business is not counted (only 26 days of trade shows and events abroad)
3. (In the 797 days and 771 days above, I have not included the day I left Canada and the day I reached back to Canada as I believe that is counted towards RO). However, if they are not going to count these days, then the 797 days (point 1) reduce to 783 days and the 771 days (point 2) reduce to 759 days.

Hence, as per above I would be above the 730 days minimum requirement (I know it will be cutting it close but I will not be able to wait longer due to some emergency circumstances that are unavoidable).

My question-
1. PR renewal form says that if the applicant is out of Canada for more than 1095 days (which is not my case) section D (which includes business travel/enployment) needs to be filled. In my particular circumstance although I will be above the 730 days minimum requirement, should I fill the section D (as it will gain me 26 valuable days). Will this in anyways help me avoid secondary review.
2. If my application goes to secondary review and I have to travel for 10 days (emergency unavoidable), am I able to apply for a PRTD from my home country (India) to return to Canada?

Thank you for your wonderful help.

Best,
Toronto tower

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I will be applying to renew my PR soon. Based on the insights from this forum, I have managed to calculate the number of days I have stayed in Canada as below:
1. 797 in case working for a Canadian business abroad is counted (trade shows and events).
2. 771 in case working for a Canadian business is not counted (only 26 days of trade shows and events abroad)
3. (In the 797 days and 771 days above, I have not included the day I left Canada and the day I reached back to Canada as I believe that is counted towards RO). However, if they are not going to count these days, then the 797 days (point 1) reduce to 783 days and the 771 days (point 2) reduce to 759 days.

Hence, as per above I would be above the 730 days minimum requirement (I know it will be cutting it close but I will not be able to wait longer due to some emergency circumstances that are unavoidable).

My question-
1. PR renewal form says that if the applicant is out of Canada for more than 1095 days (which is not my case) section D (which includes business travel/enployment) needs to be filled. In my particular circumstance although I will be above the 730 days minimum requirement, should I fill the section D (as it will gain me 26 valuable days). Will this in anyways help me avoid secondary review.
2. If my application goes to secondary review and I have to travel for 10 days (emergency unavoidable), am I able to apply for a PRTD from my home country (India) to return to Canada?

Best,
Toronto tower
Hi

1. Your trade shows and events do not count towards the RO.

2. Provided you still meet the RO when you apply for the PRTD, yes.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

My question-

Best,
Toronto tower
Days on which you spent any time at all on Canadian soil, count towards the RO. Make sure you have evidence that you can show physical presence for those days (boarding passes etc).

Torontotower

Mar 16, 2019
Thank you Zardoz and Canuck in UK for your responses.

1. Last questions with about 770 days are there significant chances of getting into secondary review?
2. Also, if in secondary review and I am complying with RO does it mean that they can still revoke my PR?
3. I went back at home due to mental illness. I have all certificates and prescriptions with me but unless absolutely required I don't want to show them to immigration. But does that qualify for Health considerations?

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Torontotower

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you Zardoz and Canuck in UK for your responses.

1. Last questions with about 770 days are there significant chances of getting into secondary review?
2. Also, if in secondary review and I am complying with RO does it mean that they can still revoke my PR?
3. I went back at home due to mental illness. I have all certificates and prescriptions with me but unless absolutely required I don't want to show them to immigration. But does that qualify for Health considerations?

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Torontotower
1. There is certainly a chance your application may go to secondary. I don't think any of us here can tell you how high.
2. No - if you comply with RO, your PR card renewal will eventually be approved.
3. I'm not sure this can be used as an H&C reason since you could have been treated in Canada.