+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR resident, can we move?

mar-fal

May 20, 2013
Hi, I have a question, we received our permanent residence through the PNP in December 2012 in Manitoba. Now, my husband was offered a job in Ontario and we want to know, if we move to another province would it affect when we want to renew the PR card or citizenship, or do i have to stay in the same province? (and how long?) Thanks for your time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are ok to move. For PNP, you signed that you intend to settle in the province. This was true when you applied and when you landed. You did not lie about anything. Now it's 6 months later and the situation has changed as your husband has a good job offer and therefore your intentions change.

Some immigration officers tell PNP nominees when landing that they must stay for 3 years. There are no written rules anywhere confirming that. The charter of rights and freedoms allows you to live and work in any province.

Reactions: andy000

Mohamed_Salem

Aug 26, 2016
Thank you very much!!!
Now, it's been over 4 years, most probably you have got your citizenship. did you face any issues after moving from the nominated province to another one while applying for the Citizenship?
I am here for almost 9 months and still cannot find job and the jobs itself are very limited almost 3 ads during the whole 9 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Now, it's been over 4 years, most probably you have got your citizenship. did you face any issues after moving from the nominated province to another one while applying for the Citizenship?
I am here for almost 9 months and still cannot find job and the jobs itself are very limited almost 3 ads during the whole 9 months.
As long as you land in the province and try and find a job it is fine. Keep records that you lived in the province for 9 months and that should be fine.

rajivsharma2004

Sep 25, 2018
hello everyone
I have received my COPR under SINP.
I just want to know whether I can live and land in any city within the same state as they have mentioned the destination city is Regina.
I am confused as I have already booked my tickets for saskatoon. I hope I am not violating any rules as I am staying in the same state.
Please advise
Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello everyone
I just want to know whether I can live and land in any city within the same state as they have mentioned the destination city is Regina.
I am confused as I have already booked my tickets for saskatoon. I hope I am not violating any rules as I am staying in the same state.
Please advise
Thanks in advance
Yes you can land and live in Saskatoon.

sammykhatri

Feb 24, 2019
Hi I have one double about moving to another province. It's been almost 9 month in Saskatchewan on work permit. Recently I got Medical in October. It is ok to move in other province after i got my PR card?

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
hello everyone
Please advise
Thanks in advance
Are you facing any problems staying in saskatoon other then regina?