+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal

samiisra

Dec 13, 2018
Good day,

I need one clarification about my PR renewal in Canada.

“ I landed in Canada on 06-Apr-2016 and I got my PR after two months of landing, so it’s expiry date is 15-June-2021. So far, I only spent only one month in Canada in last three years.

Ideally, I should be there now for next two years to complete 730 days requirements to renew my PR card but unfortunately, I can’t travel to Canada due to family reasons.

I am planning to move Canada in Sep-2020. Will Immigration allow me to enter Canada as I didn’t completed my 730- Days in last 5 years. Or, I would to complete two years before applying for PR renewal ?

Many Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day,

I need one clarification about my PR renewal in Canada.

“ I landed in Canada on 06-Apr-2016 and I got my PR after two months of landing, so it’s expiry date is 15-June-2021. So far, I only spent only one month in Canada in last three years.

Ideally, I should be there now for next two years to complete 730 days requirements to renew my PR card but unfortunately, I can’t travel to Canada due to family reasons.

I am planning to move Canada in Sep-2020. Will Immigration allow me to enter Canada as I didn’t completed my 730- Days in last 5 years. Or, I would to complete two years before applying for PR renewal ?

Many Thanks
You need to complete the 2 out of 5 years based on your landing date. You will be let into Canada but could be reported for not meeting your RO. If you are not reported you must stay in Canada for 2 years without leaving before you can apply for a new PR card.

Reactions: samiisra

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Yes humanitarian reasons. What are the options with me now
Yes as the Oracles have stated you would need to hope that upon return you do not get reported by CBSA officer (it's possible as it happened with myself when I was returned from UK and the CBSA officer simply said 'have a nice day' and I was allowed to go on my way).
Then spend the next 2 out of 5 years here solid and re-apply, also remember that you must apply for your SIN, Health and D.License as soon as you land if you haven't done so already, regarding the Humanitarian angle, I won't dig into what that is but it's very strict so make sure you comply with the T's and C's for that also. Best of Luck!

Reactions: samiisra

samiisra

Dec 13, 2018
Yes as the Oracles have stated you would need to hope that upon return you do not get reported by CBSA officer (it's possible as it happened with myself when I was returned from UK and the CBSA officer simply said 'have a nice day' and I was allowed to go on my way).
Then spend the next 2 out of 5 years here solid and re-apply, also remember that you must apply for your SIN, Health and D.License as soon as you land if you haven't done so already, regarding the Humanitarian angle, I won't dig into what that is but it's very strict so make sure you comply with the T's and C's for that also. Best of Luck!
Bundle of thanks fir valuable information