Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oaw said:
I also had similar questions as yours, and I don't wanted to send any unnecessary documents.
Thanks for your post, Mine is also expiring in May and hence I am submitting the renewal application this week.

I want to know,

Q1)
Does it helps to minimize the chances of having secondary review by adding lots of supporting documents ? (Just a question, I wish no one goes for the long delay of secondary review).

Q2)
If you are also submitting the Passport photocopy, are you copying all your passport pages or only first 2 bio pages ?

Thanks
Give them exactly what they ask for in the checklist. No where does it say it needs to be notarized if it's a straight forward renewal. For you passport copies, it says all the pages, blank ones too. This is what I did for my old passport which was valid at the time and my new passport which I currently use. Mine went for secondary review but I was never asked for any extra documents. Took 10 months to receive my card.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Blueboy1980 said:
Give them exactly what they ask for in the checklist. No where does it say it needs to be notarized if it's a straight forward renewal. For you passport copies, it says all the pages, blank ones too. This is what I did for my old passport which was valid at the time and my new passport which I currently use. Mine went for secondary review but I was never asked for any extra documents. Took 10 months to receive my card.
You contradicted yourself. The PR renewal request does not ask for 'all' pages of your passport, only the identity page (assuming you're using it to prove identity). See here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#5445E4

Everyone sending in all the pages of their passport are already doing something that is not asked for nor required. I don't know why everyone seems to think it is.

ph

Feb 21, 2012
Thank you for the replies. Sorry, I thought I'd read somewhere that it was necessary to include a notarized photocopy of the PR card, I must be mistaken.
Hello, there,
I read it, too..
In the end of Step 1:gather documents of instruction guide IMM 5445, there is a section...
Certified true copies
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must (as described below) compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.

Who can certify copies?
Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

• a notary public
  • a commissioner of oaths
  • a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Check with your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.

Applicants themselves or members of their family may not certify copies of your documents. This includes a parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

I guess it’s safer just have everything that’s photocopied notarized?
I’m gathering info to renew the pr card recently..
Just curious what the new expiry date will be on the new card?
Does it depend on the date they make the new card?
For example, if I send it earlier...will the new card expire earlier, too?

Thanks