+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal Status from Decision Made to Complete to Processing

arka789

Jul 8, 2012
Dear Seniors and Friends,

This Forum is a life saver to me and I am reading almost every post on this forum. Since I am not a expert, I just read and your valuable comments really helped me in preparing my application. I am so much worried now.

I had submitted 2nd PR renewal Card Application as below -

Application Send on October 9th via UPS
CIC received it on October 10th (Confirmation)
CIC acknowledged and started processing on October 15th, 2013.

Suddenly I got a call back home that my mother was joined in ICU and I made Flight purchase on November 28th and send the Urgent PR Renewal Application via Email on December 5th and via FAX on December 6th. I got 2 Confirmation eMails from CIC that they received the requests and started processing them on Monday December 9th.
My Travel dates are from December 24th/25th and returning on January 10th.

I called CIC Customer Service on December 12th and They Confirmed me that PR application was Approved and it will be Mailed or available for Pick-up. I also went online ecas and checked the status on Thursday Afternoon and Friday Evening and Status was same. I again called CIC on Friday afternoon between 10:00 - 11:00 and they said the same message.

I was so much worried whether I will get Physical Card by Mail. Today Morning Sunday December 15th, I Checked eCas Status Again and Status is Showing Complete, but when I click on it - It is showing a different message now - We started processing your application on December 13, 2013.

Why CIC is playing with our lives - I called them twice and talked to 2 different persons and status was changed from In-Process to Decision Made to Complete, All of Sudden, it is now processing again. When I talked to CIC agent 2nd time, He almost confirmed that PR card was already mailed. Why are they saying different things now?

Permanent Resident Card
1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2013.
2.We started processing your application on December 13, 2013.

I have a Doctor Letter from India showing medical condition - but it is handwritten and I don't know what I should do now?

someone mentioned me to contact MP - I am going to call MP office tomorrow. I never intended to apply in urgent mode, but situation arised and I applied after 53 days of Normal Processing Timeline.

Any Help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks
Kumar

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't get the renewed card before your flight and you have a US visa, you might want to return to Canada via a land border without the PR card on foot or using a non-commercial vehicle. Otherwise, you might have to apply a travel document from India.

abduls16

Feb 18, 2014
Hello,

Just wondering, what happen with your PR Card status?
Did it arrive in time for you to travel?

Thanks,
abduls16