+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal request, comes back with questionaire

Single mom

Jul 18, 2008
Hi
I'm a single mother with three children, I landed in Canada in July 2003, according to divorce law in my country Jordan, that I should live with my kids in Jordan unless tne father approve that we live outside the country. Which unfortunately was not the case, so I kept this issue and could not notify the Canadian immigration about it, being afraid to lose the whole thing, while I'm dying to get my children the canadian citizinship, believeing that Canada is their future. I entered Canada again in 2007 and there was no problem, but when I entered again in june 2008, I was transfered to the immigration verification at the airport, and they started a thorough invistigation, I was so scared to death, and didnt know what to say, I started telling different and non sense stories.
Yes I lied but that was because I felt that my children's future is coming to an end.
when i entered Canada I talked to my immigration agent, and he filled out the application telling them that my children are having distant learning in Jordan, and that they come here to visit me on holidays, which I was not aware of, he just gave me the papers to sign them.
the immigration response was a questionaire that I have to prove in it that I was truly loving in canada.
Now I dont know what to do, I dont want to live in Jordan, but that is not my choice nor decision.
Please help me, I dont want to lose it, do you think if I go to the immigration and tell them the truth they would understand it, and consider it as huminitarian issue??

Regards
Single mom

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is pretty clear cut. You have joint custody with your husband and cannot move the children out of the country without his permission. This is actually pretty common in divorce cases in the western world too. Are you still in the same situation with that, stuck living in Jordan until your kids turn 18?

To keep your PR status, you need to live in Canada at least 2 out of every 5 years. Since you haven't, I think your PR status is already gone but maybe you can apply again later. You can try to appeal for humanitarian reasons, never hurts to try but in that case what do you want them to do, keep your PR status on hold while you are living in Jordan until your kids are grown? What if your kids at that point, having grown up in Jordan decide not to come with you? Also possible if your kids want to go to Canada later that they can apply for PR themselves. Your childrens future is definitely not going to end if you lose your PR right now. They will have many possibilities in their future.

Single mom

Jul 18, 2008
Thanx Leon, you've been very informative so far, but do you think appealing for humanitarian issue would work though? and how long does it take? I still want to give it aonother try, I'm not giving up?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not an expert on this. I am just a PR and live in Canada. Personally I would wait and see if they want to take away your PR before appealing it. I hope somebody who knows more about it will reply also.

rajjo

Jan 31, 2007
Hi Single mom,

We are here just share information and guide each other but in your case , i feel that you have a stronger ground to appeal. I think the Immigration lawywer can give you best advise and you should rely on them for more accurate & updated rules and regulation..
No harm in trying and keep faith..