+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal..Regarding 5 years interval .. URGENT please :)

leo820

Aug 19, 2017
HI Friends...
I am a permanent resident, 27 yrs, currently in Canada.. I landed with my family in august 2013..
I stayed till I received the PR card and went back overseas with my family..
then came back to Canada on march 2017 alone... stayed till November 2017 ..Had to go back overseas for 3 months.. and came back to Canada on February 2018.. and never left again..
Now I have completed two years in Canada and my PR card is expired for 7 months..
I have settled here and don't intend to leave Canada in the near future.. except for short intervals just to visit family back home,,after I renew my PR for sure..

I have few questions:
*Can I now apply for PR card renewal now, since I have completed more than 740 days in the past 2 yrs and half?
*Regarding residency obligation, where do I stand ?
*My family (brother and Father) who landed with me, arrived in Canada December 2017 and never left after..they haven't finished 2 years in Canada yet..Would my application to PR affect their status by any means? (I came as a dependent "student" with my father when we landed,but now I am not with them)
*And how do I proceed with my PR application? what do I need?

Great Thanks for your help :)

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
So when you returned in March 2017, November 2017- did the border officers not question you for not fulfilling the residential obligations?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
RO for a PR is assessed on an individual basis, so no, there is nothing about your status that will affect anyone else. Without exact dates, worst case you are just within compliance, best case you have a couple of months beyond what is required. Personally, if you aren’t planning to travel right away, I’d wait until you have 800+ days to renew, otherwise it may end up in secondary review (and that can add a whole bunch of time to processing).

leo820

Aug 19, 2017
RO for a PR is assessed on an individual basis, so no, there is nothing about your status that will affect anyone else. Without exact dates, worst case you are just within compliance, best case you have a couple of months beyond what is required. Personally, if you aren’t planning to travel right away, I’d wait until you have 800+ days to renew, otherwise it may end up in secondary review (and that can add a whole bunch of time to processing).
Thanks..
Exact number of days currently is 747 days.. in the past two and half years..
It is better to weight for another 2 months?

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
No not really..I just entered directly.. without seeing an officer..
So did my family..

Did you land at Pearson airport and you scanned your PR card and just walked through? Did no officer ask you to stop ?

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
My PR was valid at the time and 10 months away from expiration.. why should i be stopped?
They can’t stop you for sure but I think you were incredibly lucky not to get reported for not meeting RO. Usually the Port of entry officers ask questions and the lack of 730 days arises and they might record or report to IRCC

That’s what I meant to imply

Last edited: