+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal questionss.

tekraja

Sep 22, 2012
I landed in 2008 june and then went back to my work place and then came back with family in 2010 july. My spouse will complete her period of days for pr renewal and my kid is a canadian citizen.

my pr expires next year 2013 and by that time i will be completing 1 year of my stay during the last 5 years. I still need to travel to respective countries in order to continue business.

I have my own incorporation where i am doing consultancy business in india and middle east and as well as looking into consultancy business in canada.I do pay my personal taxes monthly as we as the incorporation taxes on yearly basis.my household expenses is dependent on the consultancy income.

Please let me know what should be my procedure to renew my PR when it due next year as i have to travel to continue doing my consultancy business.
thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must have 2 years of residency in Canada over the last 5 years to renew your PR status. If you only have 1 year of residency, your renewal application is going to be refused.

If you cannot meet the residency requirement then your only option may be to give up your PR status and have your wife sponsor you for PR once you are ready to make Canada your home.

tekraja

Sep 22, 2012
thanks for your reply.scylla.

But presently i have clients in ontario and overseas and as it is consultancy business and I have agreement with overseas clients where I am required to travel to offer my services.

Canada is already my home from 2010 and have no intention to settle in the places where I am doing the consultancy business. I only travel as they need my services and then I am back to ontario and continue doing my consultancy business here.

From 2010 I have been filing my T4, have consultancy agreements with companies for which I have been traveling abroad. Wont all this help me to renew my pr. I will lose my clients if I do not travel to the respective countries and offer my services.

I own a house, have a incorporation and my spouse is working at ontario , my baby is born in canada.wont this all assist me in renewing my pr.

awaiting your valuable Opinion.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tekraja said:
Wont all this help me to renew my pr.
Nope. You need physical residence in Canada. If you lose your PR status, your spouse can always sponsor you for a new PR.