+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Questions

Rakaviya

Oct 6, 2018
Hi Everyone

I am currently renewing my PR and had some doubts while filling the application

Question 1: "Have you ever been issued any of the following travel documents 1. Travel Document 2. PR Travel Document"
I applied and got my PR form outside Canada , so I was provided a COPR document and was asked to use that to travel the first time to Canada, so does that count as a Travel Document

Question 2: "Address History (Inside and Outside Canada"
I did a soft landing in Canada for a week and then moved to India and then after 1.5 years completely moved to Canada and have been here for close to 3 years. So should I include the soft landing address (I stayed in a hotel for 5 days that time) also , or can I start with my address in India for 1,5 years and then my address in Canada for the following 3 years.

Your feedback will be very helpful. Thanks !

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone

I am currently renewing my PR and had some doubts while filling the application

Question 1: "Have you ever been issued any of the following travel documents 1. Travel Document 2. PR Travel Document"
I applied and got my PR form outside Canada , so I was provided a COPR document and was asked to use that to travel the first time to Canada, so does that count as a Travel Document

Question 2: "Address History (Inside and Outside Canada"
I did a soft landing in Canada for a week and then moved to India and then after 1.5 years completely moved to Canada and have been here for close to 3 years. So should I include the soft landing address (I stayed in a hotel for 5 days that time) also , or can I start with my address in India for 1,5 years and then my address in Canada for the following 3 years.

Your feedback will be very helpful. Thanks !
1. No.

2. Not certain, but I would use the address in Canada even if short term for that period within Canada.

Reactions: Rakaviya